New Key

Sniffer

Yes, I have the red key.

Alarm works on Both black keys

Red key works immobiliser.

Problem is only one black key works the immobiliser.

Paul3200

Glad you fixed that Andrew. Am I right in thinking always take red key with you on long trips ( outside UK ) ?

Regards
Paul

lozcb

Yes, I have the red key.

Alarm works on Both black keys

Red key works immobiliser.

Problem is only one black key works the immobiliser.

Sounds like it needs to be re-programmed with the red key , there is a procedure for it somewhere

regards loz

spkennyuk

This thread proved really useful today. To cut a long story short. My car came with the two blue keys. First key worked fine. Second key didn't have any batteries in it. No problem new batteries and then look at this thread for the reset procedure.

Step 1 Tried the quick 2 press method but that didn't work.

Step 2 Put the car in learning mode to re sync the second key. Several presses of the working key until it stopped responding. Great all good so far. Pressed the open button on key 2 but still nothing. pressed it again just to be sure. Still nothing. Waited a good 30 seconds for the car to come out of learning mode.

Step 3. Press the lock / unlock button on the key that worked. :battered: Nothing followed by **** **** **** **** wtf

Step 4. open door with key, alarm goes off but wont stop until i put the key in the ignition and shut the door.

Step 5. Try car battery reset. Alarm goes off again when I open the boot. Alarm volume increases when I turn the car battery off. Neighbours must love me today :) Still no joy with either key followed by **** **** **** **** git :)

Step 6. Sent out a bat signal otherwise known as a PM. While waiting for a reply decide to open up key 1 which had worked at the start of the day.

Step 7. Swear a lot when I see a the micro switch loose in the key fob.

Step 8. Find my soldering iron. Realise that soldering iron is not working properly nowhere near hot enough. I'm not buying a gas one again.

Step 9. Borrow a soldering iron that works. Solder the micro switch back in place. ;) breath a sigh of relief when it works and opens the car again. ;)

Step 10. Go back to step 1 but still nothing.

Step 11. Go back to Step 2. Result 2nd key now works and so does the key 1.

It all ended well just a shame Italian soldering isn't in the same class as their car design skills.

Tas4200coupe

Thank you

Hey Parisien, I had a similar problem and just employed your advice for the re-programming. It worked a treat and I now have two working keys again!

Thanks very much.

Kim.

Does your spare key, one of 2 blue keys not work? This thread does not apply to cars with "Red" keys. First check that the batteries are not flat. Change the batteries with the working remote first without replacing. If they are dead replace(2x 3V lithium CR1220 about £5).
Then try the first reset in case the non working remote has been pressed 16+ times out of reception of car. Quickly press 2 times close to car and it should reset and open the car. If this does not work then check that this inoperative remote opens the car via manual door unlock with this key and that it then unimmobolises the car and starts it, If it does not then it is a matter of main dealer and reprogramming. If it has started the car then the following procedure will reprogramme the remote without the expensive call to the main dealer for reprogramming or "you need a new key" (£150+ and reprogramminig cost +£100 approx).

This information has kindly been provided by Nareman of Novola London, and it works.

The procedure for re-programming a spare key is as follows:

Using the working key, press the button to unlock the car, then press the same button to lock the car and continue to press the button to unlock and then lock the car, until the working key stops responding (it should take about 12-16 unlock/lock cycles for this to happen).

As soon as the working key stops responding, press the button on the non-working key and that key should then be reprogrammed to the car, including the original working key, leaving you with two functioning keys.

.........see how you go......report back.....:)

P

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Don't be too disappointed if you don't get a reply from Parisien; he doesn't come on here very often since he flogged his Maser.