GranTurismo MC Stradale help !!

rushy69

Hello all!
Few weeks back I had an issue with my car. The car automatically shifts to neutral while its running on the road and doesn't shift back to first gear. Then car automatically starts to work properly after approximately 20 - 30 minutes. This issue happened to me more than three times in small roads and when i took the car to the Maserati Service station (Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai), the technician checked the car by just connecting the computer to the car and informed me that theres no issues that they can find in the car and asked me to take back the car.

Last Thursday while I was driving in the fast lane on Sheikh Zayed road (high way), the same issue happened and the cars behind me was almost about to crash but by god's grace, I somehow managed to park the car on the yellow lane without crashing. Again, I took the car to Maserati Service center here in Dubai and after having my car with them for a week and all they told me was that they couldn't find any issues with the car and it's ready to go out even after I showed them the videos and photos I had as a proof.

Any idea what's the issue? It's not the clutch as they already checked it.

Thanks in advance
Rushy1128_10207647752485292_26325602748172826_n.jpg12642712_10207647752285287_2863616128413240783_n.jpg

safrane

Welcome to the forum... wish it was under better circumstances.

It does indeed sound like a transmission issue, but on a new car it sound unlikely to be a worn clutch which is also supported by the dealers comments. I suspect it is an sensor glitch, but can't offer anymore help...aorry and best of luck with the fix.

conaero

Forum Owner
Welcome.

How old is the car, is it new.

It does sound like a sensor that is not happy. I would return the car to the supplying dealer and refuse to take it back until the issue is fixed.

The dealer will know that if they can't find the fault then you are within your rights to return the car with a full refund, something they won't want to do.

rushy69

Welcome.

How old is the car, is it new.

It does sound like a sensor that is not happy. I would return the car to the supplying dealer and refuse to take it back until the issue is fixed.

The dealer will know that if they can't find the fault then you are within your rights to return the car with a full refund, something they won't want to do.

It's only 4 months old and the Dealer had the car for more than a week and informed me that they couldnt find any issue.

Rex B

If they can't find an electronic issue then they need to check the clutch assembly.

Rex B

outrun

There are 3 things I'd be checking here...

1) clutch position sensor. If this is not extending correctly then the gearbox will not select gears at all
2) f1 fluid - low fluid can make the pump act incorrectly
3) brake pedal switch - unusual but a faulty switch can cause the car to not select gear as the brake has to be depressed for the car to allow selection

I'd also do a battery reset. Disconnect battery for 15 minutes and reconnect. With some luck, it may reset itself. Also make sure its a charged or new battery.

If that fails, send the car to the UK and I will look after it.....;)

Bretty2901

Had a similar issue in my car regarding a Parking brake fault-new battery and constant trickle charge and the problem was solved.

StuartW

That's very poor service from the dealer and it could have been very dangerous.

3 good points from Outrun above plus it could be the software needing a reboot which can be done with the diagnostic plug in.

Good luck and I hope you get to enjoy your properly & with confidence once fixed