2009 qp 4.7 s

craigjenkins

Im not ready to part with it just yet but I thought to post this to gauge likely interest in my QP 4.7s, should anyone be planning to get one in the spring.
The QP was a box tick exercise in the main for me as I've had a mustang on order for about a year now and it looks like it will turn up in march/April. Wrestled with it but can't really justify also keeping the QP as the wife is too scared to drive it :-(

It's a met black ( with a hint of gold in the metallic paint) with a brown leather interior. It's quite an unusual interior for QP I bought it as soon as I saw it online as really liked the brown leather. Seat belts are a contrasting cream which works well.

It currently has 65k on the clock but I use it daily so that is likely to be a couple k more by the time I sell. Service history is mostly independents.

There is currently the balance of a 'warranty direct' platinum warranty which is transferable and expires in October. So it will effectively have a 6mth warranty. It seems quite good as it covered diagnosis and replacement of a faulty cam sensor at dick lovetts.

It has the Bose satnav unit which I think was an option, it stores CDs and has Bluetooth. Also has a USB port. Heated seats and Electric seats also in the rear. Parking sensors front and rear.

I've got winter Tyres on at moment and also a summer set in the Kwik fit hotel, which will come with the car.

Last service was just over 12 months ago at 58k.

Oh and did I mention it sounds great and packs a punch :)

I'll probably advertise for just over 25k when I'm ready to sell, maybe more if the service falls due before, service schedules are 2 yrs or 12k or when the light tells you :)

You can email me on craigjenkins@geplegal.co.uk if interested.

Here are a few pics:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 20

Contigo

Sponsor
Lovely motor you have there and good luck with the sale. I bet you will miss her when she's gone even though you have a stang to replace her!

MrPea

Beautiful leather colour! I can completely see why you went straight for it. I hope you enjoy your Mustang when it arrives - please tell me you've gone V8 manual? I've driven both auto and manual, and they're completely different cars. Make sure you get in with the Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain - they seem to be a pretty decent bunch and they'll be able to point you towards sorting out the exhaust etc. now that Ford are finally making some of the options available to the UK market.
Make sure you also keep getting to play with Maserati friends... It's not uncommon that I take my Spyder out with my best friend in his Boss 302 'Stang and we have a great time! Totally different cars, but both great.

Andyk

Hi Craig.....just a stunning car and the interior is just the amazing...Love brown.......That will be one well priced 4.7 and you should have no problem selling her.

ChrisQP09

beautiful spec imo. At that price, you'll have no problems selling. I've personally held off on buying a GT or anything else until more is released from Ford on their GT :)

highlander

That is really nice, engine and spec I'd be looking for to go in the garage with marci.......just 18 month too early for me :(

StuartW

That really does look special, good luck with the sale and as others have said, you're going to miss her

craigjenkins

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Kids will find the mustang a downsize/grade having been chauffeured around in this.
I took my 8 year old to the dealers to see if I could wedge him behind the drivers seat in their demo.
The Boy wanted to know where the pull down cup holders were ;-)

Think the salesman was quite taken aback when I commented the trim wasn't as bad as I'd feared, performance wasn't too sluggish and the noise was ok ! Unfortunately the qp has set a high bar.

At least I've specked a brown interior in the stang (yes 5ltr manual) although not expecting the same quality :-(

D Walker

Now that has set me thinking - I am thinking about changing my daily, but at 15-16k a year these may be too much........
Not really followed the QP threads but have read about variators etc - when does that normal raise its ugly face.
I was looking at BM's and Mercs to lease yesterday and came away thoroughly depressed, I know I only drive a Passat at the moment but I was hoping something would grab me.

Er - that was a nope!!

craigjenkins

Now that has set me thinking - I am thinking about changing my daily, but at 15-16k a year these may be too much........
Not really followed the QP threads but have read about variators etc - when does that normal raise its ugly face.
I was looking at BM's and Mercs to lease yesterday and came away thoroughly depressed, I know I only drive a Passat at the moment but I was hoping something would grab me.

Er - that was a nope!!

It's been manageable for me as I do about 10k a year but I'm fortunate in that my running costs mainly go through the business.
Yep variators get a lot of coverage, to the extent that when I initially had it I would listen intently to the engine noise. I have become more relaxed about it. Having a warranty eased the stress a bit :)

Wack61

Er - that was a nope!!

15-16k a year would be crippling in a QP 12-20 mpg, servicing, clutches,brakes,tyres

Wait for when the more affordable models are available and hope somebody makes an exhaust for them

http://youtu.be/eoudrq3aEV0

craigjenkins

Update:

I'm now planning to advertise the car for sale. I've a month before the mustang arrives but thought i'd put it on autotrader/ebay second week of April in case it takes a few weeks to sell.

It will be sold with the benefit of a recent MD service with the bi annual service items having been done.

I missed out from the initial post that the variators and return valves were replaced with the later versions under warranty in 2012.

let me know if its of interest.

Craig

Contigo

Sponsor
Update:

I'm now planning to advertise the car for sale. I've a month before the mustang arrives but thought i'd put it on autotrader/ebay second week of April in case it takes a few weeks to sell.

It will be sold with the benefit of a recent MD service with the bi annual service items having been done.

I missed out from the initial post that the variators and return valves were replaced with the later versions under warranty in 2012.

let me know if its of interest.

Craig

A few weeks to sell? :D

Try months!

Andyk

This is a lovely car with a stunning interior.....A 4.7 for around 25k from what Craig said on original post.....Bargain...

craigjenkins

What price are you looking for Craig?

Thought to advertise for 25k prior to having it serviced but as it's almost due thought I'd get it
Given the big service, warranty and spare tyres I'll probably put it up for £26,500 to gauge interest.