GS Advert

conaero

Forum Owner
Quite expensive for a tech cloth example but prices do seem to be on the rise.

spkennyuk

You would think as a private seller that he would know a bit more about the car they are selling.

Whats full leather trim ? Its either full leather or leather trim. Strangest misinformed advert i've seen for ages. All its needs is pictures of the wrong car to top it off.

Andyk

Hehehehe .... What the feck do I know mark.........I am one lonely voice trying to keep prices down until I can afford one...... Don't think it's working mate.

conaero

Forum Owner
It is about time I mean there are some shocking Ferraris that have gone stratospheric and the GranSport is a better and rarer car and arguably a more choice badge too.

mchristyuk

It is about time I mean there are some shocking Ferraris that have gone stratospheric and the GranSport is a better and rarer car and arguably a more choice badge too.

I think the thing that will always hold back Maserati values is.. Maserati.. until they get their act together and decide that their legacy is worth looking after.

Parts for the entire 3200/4200/GS series are getting harder to find and Maserati has no interest in supporting them. Compare that to Ferraris attitude.

It wasn't long ago that we were buying Ferrari Brembo brakes because they were cheaper than Maserati Brembo brakes!

Old Ferraris may be expensive to buy and run, but at least you can run them and get parts for them.

I'm starting to tentatively look around at my next car on from the 3200 and have been tossing up the pros/cons between a GranSport and a Granturismo.. and at the moment the Granturismo is winning hands down because I know I'll be able to fix it when it breaks! (and I know it will break...)... at least for the next 10 years.. then Maserati will probably consign that one to the scrap heap of unsupported cars.. .if Maserati still exist by then of course!

For us much as we love our Maserati's I think there's a very good reason the values haven't sky-rocketed like other classic cars...

Mark

safrane

Hmmm...so high'ish asking price to some...makes me think its about time to shop mine in for something less focused on performance and more on comfort. Should be worth same as this as it's a full LE version.

m1980k

This guy can ask what he wants but Nuvola (a dealer) have a similar car for less money so let's see how he gets on.

And prices are going up are they?

gsprice.jpg

I'm not talking prices down, just waiting to see evidence that comparable cars from comparable sources are actually selling for more than they were a year or two ago.

Contigo

Sponsor
Do we know the spec of both those cars? I know one is robins old car but you cannot compare cars like for like so different are the specs and desirability.

m1980k

Here is an ad from Evo about 2 years ago.

View attachment 33918

It does seem like prces touched a low point around then and then rose. But I can't see any evidence of an increase in the last year to 18 months.

The cheapest GS on the market right now is the 49k miles tech cloth car that Nuvola have for £25k. Then there's the 7k miles car at Prindiville for £40k. In between there are a variety of cars and specs with some prices looking very optimistic.

Ultimately, there's one man around here who could answer this definitively, but I totally understand why he's not going to do that on a public forum!

conaero

Forum Owner
I think the thing that will always hold back Maserati values is.. Maserati.. until they get their act together and decide that their legacy is worth looking after.

Parts for the entire 3200/4200/GS series are getting harder to find and Maserati has no interest in supporting them. Compare that to Ferraris attitude.

Parts getting harder means many will get broken, only leaving the best examples, like the 3200 is doing at the moment, which in turn forces prices up by simple supply and demand logic.

m1980k

Parts getting harder means many will get broken, only leaving the best examples, like the 3200 is doing at the moment, which in turn forces prices up by simple supply and demand logic.

I agree that this will happen. But just don't see evidence of it yet. I won't argue with anyone who says a moderate mileage GS will be worth a significant amount more in a few years.

MAF260

This guy can ask what he wants but Nuvola (a dealer) have a similar car for less money so let's see how he gets on.

View attachment 33917

I'm not talking prices down, just waiting to see evidence that comparable cars from comparable sources are actually selling for more than they were a year or two ago.

The black car was 8 years old in the ad on the left. The grey car is 10 years old in the ad on the right. The price may not have changed, but arguably the value has risen.

MrCoop

View attachment 33917

If I recall correctly, the black GS was an LE spec whereas the Nuvolari isn't. The LE, rightly, commands a premium of £2/3k.

When I first started looking, I could get a decent spec, sought after colour, low mileage GS for about £23k. When I finally bought one a year later, couldn't find one for less than £26/28k.

Dicky prices his cars very fairly and knows the market like none other, and as he always says, other dealers can price their cars higher but selling them is a different matter. For my tuppence worth, I think prices have increased by 10% or more since last year and look to continue.

m1980k

The black car was 8 years old in the ad on the left. The grey car is 10 years old in the ad on the right. The price may not have changed, but arguably the value has risen.

In 2 years time, my car will be 2 years older. If the price stays the same, I'm no better off! Agreed, it sort of says something that a car can get older but no cheaper (I think that's a very good sign), but it's not appreciating.

safrane

What's significantly more?....10% 20%??? Its only 2.3k or 5k which in comparison to classics is a drop in the ocean.

For me if I get back what I paid for it two years ago I will be pleased, but have been offered c15% more last summer so who knows. It's been sat in the garage since Sept and if the cash alternative was sat in the bank it would have lost more in inflation than it gained in interest...and I got to look at it yesterday in the sun as I brought it out to air.

GeoffCapes

Those of us who have been actively looking for a while would have noticed a slight increase in the the prices of both 4200's and GS's.
However, the really good cars are commanding a lot more money.

Bit like Parkers used to have their guides as:

Trade
Average
Good
Excellent

I would say the following is about right:

Trade - No change
Average - +5%
Good - +10%
Excellent - + 20/30%