Now that's a nice QP interior

Jkulin

I went to view this car, the original engine a 4.2 blew and was replaced with a new 4.7, I couldn't live with the interior so did not go any further.

Jason is a top F1 mechanic and runs an honest shop, he'll be doing my servicing.

The car is honest and I believe Jason is selling of behalf of one of his clients.

Andyk

Remember you saying you went to see this..or someone did......So this is the 4.7....I rather like the interior....The thought of a QP V in that shape with a 4.7 is rather appealing but not sure I would take the plunge......Think it would need to be the other side of 20k to be honest...

Jkulin

Yes Andy, that's the one we discussed on another thread, personally couldn't live with the interior, the car mechanically appeared really good, cosmetically probably a 6/7.

Andyk

I know most said run a mile but it is an interesting car ..... Did they have info about the engine installed and lots of history on why etc...?

Jkulin

Yes, AFAIK Jason pulled the engine and put a brand new 4.7 in, the owner has a number of Maseratis and by all accounts, money wasn't a problem.

ChrisQP09

You learn something new everyday, I thought the 4.7 was totally different set up to the 4.2 and wouldnt work with the original 4.2? Not sure the rest of the spec is GTS but the seats look remodelled suggesting it could be.

Wack61

i wonder if it's been through an MOT with the 4.7 engine fitted , the emissions data will be wrong when they put the reg in the computer won't it

Andyk

You learn something new everyday, I thought the 4.7 was totally different set up to the 4.2 and wouldnt work with the original 4.2? Not sure the rest of the spec is GTS but the seats look remodelled suggesting it could be.

Thought it was a Sport GT not a GTS but not enough pictures to say either way.... Would have thought the 4.7 would fir as it's the basic same engine...Isn't it ? What else would need changing on the car to make this work ?

John, from what you say it sounds like no money was spared and and good conversion.

Ewan

Definitely not a GTS. Wrong window surrounds, wrong door handles, wrong suspension etc. It's even missing the Sport GT badges, so may not even me be a GT. From the picture, it looks like a basic QP with a wheel upgrade. But it might be a de-badged GT. Either way, a quick call to Maserati with the chassis number will reveal what this lash-up started off as.

Andyk

Definitely not a GTS. Wrong window surrounds, wrong door handles, wrong suspension etc. It's even missing the Sport GT badges, so may not even me be a GT. From the picture, it looks like a basic QP with a wheel upgrade. But it might be a de-badged GT. Either way, a quick call to Maserati with the chassis number will reveal what this lash-up started off as.

You could spec a Sport GTS with the chrome Ewan as it was a no cost option...But with you if anything think its a Sport GT not GTS.

ChrisQP09

You could spec a Sport GTS with the chrome Ewan as it was a no cost option...But with you if anything think its a Sport GT not GTS.

I've seen QPs with Sport GT looks but turned out to be GT S's. I'm looking at the front seats and they're remodelled for the GT S and these look similar to the ones on mine. You are correct though, the chrome could have been spec'd.

Ewan

Just had a look at Jason's website. It's a Sport GT. So not a GTS. Nice car though. And while a non-original set up wouldn't be for me, I can understand the appeal of a Sport GT in the original (better) body shape but the later (better) 4.7 engine.

adrianr

I ran a thread on this recently entitled "To Buy or Not To Buy" as a Newbie. Almost everybody told me to run a mile! The sellers do seem very honest and that was not a concern. They are selling on behalf of a client and the price was negotiable. Insurance issues became the biggest problem - as this is essentially modified engine for the age of the car and so non standard. That has knock on effect on brakes and ECU mapping and so on, although they said that 'Everything was legitimised at Maserati whose records reflect the car as it is now' ... Unfortunately that raised the red flag with insurers for me. The engine fitted was a low mileage 2nd hand one and not a new one, and showed 10k less miles traveled than the clock. I hope that this car does find a good home though...

highlander

Seen them. White one is a high mileage 32, looks tidy but wonder if it was a re spray given the lights look black or dark blue? The blue 32 looks good but why would photograph a car for sale with the bonnet popped?

Wack61

It looks like he's trying to get the sign in every picture even if there's only 1/2 of the car in it