MCV for sale

Team GCR

But who knows who ?

;)

(Andy, I suspect you already guessed that I am the buyer......)

Ready and waiting isn't quite the phrase I would use but I tried to buy this car last time it was for sale so the last 24 hours have been a bit mad getting all my ducks in a row having committed to buying it yesterday evening.

Some of you know I have been toying with the idea of selling my GS Spyder for a while and as I discussed with a few at the SM Christmas do I more recently decided the way forward was to put in place a plan to sell on my existing GS Coupé and GS Spyder and replace both with a GS MCV.

I had intended to prep both cars for sale ready for the Spring (so that why I wasn't exactly ready) but when Dickie had this car come up again I decided to throw caution to the wind and Dickie and I reached a deal yesterday.

So tomorrow I will be taking my GS Coupé up the M6 so that the Larini exhaust can be swapped onto its replacement and the car then handed onto to Dickie - I have to say I will be sorry to say goodbye to it, I love the colour and the interior but the lure of the MCV is too great.

Then sometime next week all going to plan I will journey back up the M6 to pick up the MCV.

Then over the coming weeks and months I will prepare the GS Spyder for finding a new home.

Contigo

Sponsor
Well done Robin, top motor you have there and agree the GS spyder you have is beautiful and reminds me so much of the Modena trip.

safrane

Oh...and I so coveted you GS coupe Robin...wonder how much more its worth than mine as do miss having a car thats not 3xBlack.

Team GCR

Oh...and I so coveted you GS coupe Robin...wonder how much more its worth than mine as do miss having a car thats not 3xBlack.

and I am going the other way, black with a black interior but the red carpets, piping and stitching should give the interior a lift.

Wattie

have to ask why has this come up so soon and so often ?

think Myles MCV is the ideal colour, I would like that one but with cream and blue interior but only seen one that was in storage....
Yup, if this is such a great car why has it been flipped about 3 times in 2 years? Very little mileage added too..... If it's a good investment why wouldn't you keep it?
Cheers Wattie

Team GCR

Yup, if this is such a great car why has it been flipped about 3 times in 2 years? Very little mileage added too..... If it's a good investment why wouldn't you keep it?
Cheers Wattie

I think the most obvious answer from my point of view is that fact that Dickie Grace is selling it implies it is a decent car. This is the first car I have bought from him but we have had other dealings on parts and chatted on the Modena trip etc.,..

It is also often the case with aspirational cars that people buy them so they can tick them off a list of things they have owned, keep them for a relatively short time and then sell them on. Ferraris are often a classic example of this - my 2003 360 Spider has had 6 previous keepers and is a lovely car and two years on, no issues.

"If it's a good investment why wouldn't you keep it?" - You could say the same of my GS Spyder, but I have come to the conclusion I prefer the Coupé more and hence why making this move to sell both and end up with the MCV.

Hope that makes sense.

Needamaser

You don't have to justify anything to anyone Robin apart from yourself!
Always delighted when someone finally gets a long held dream.
Enjoy it. I am sure you will.

zagatoes30

So tempted by that GS Spyder but Mrs Z is adament the kitchen comes first. The only other way I could finance it would be to sell my SZ and Mrs Z is even less keen on that idea :(

Team GCR

So tempted by that GS Spyder but Mrs Z is adament the kitchen comes first. The only other way I could finance it would be to sell my SZ and Mrs Z is even less keen on that idea :(

Well as you know I have looked at a couple of SZ's so I could be open to a deal on the SZ in part ex for my GS Spyder........