Alfieri Spyder

StuartW

You've seen into the future and year is 2025!
I agree, it does look a bit special though

highlander

sorry, not for me, looks too much like a whale shark on the hunt for plankton from the front..........

conaero

Forum Owner
What a complete mess the front end is.

Sorry, that still looks the boll*cks, the carbon lower splitter is new and ads to it.

I actually think it looks better as a droptop. I was not a fan of the grill teeth originally, but think they look really good. Also I like the heaviness of the bonnet and nose that swoops down the flanks.

Alfieri Spider.jpg

Better to push the boundaries than to play is safe like Alfa did with their poor effort at this shared chassis, it has a very sad face:

2016-alfa-romeo-giulia-imagined-as-an-entry-level-model-97669_1.jpg

Last edited:

bigbob

My view is that cars are getting increasingly over styled with Audi and Mercedes being particularly bad in this regard. Just putting a stupidly large grill on a car does not make it look good. It might be the chrome though as I hate the GranTurismo with a chrome grill whereas love it with the black grill that most have.

PS Side profile on the spyder looks good though.

conaero

Forum Owner
The only bit I don't like is the top of the door where it meets the glass, its a bit out there and does not work for me:

maserati-alfieri-concept-photo-578617-s-1280x782.jpg

conaero

Forum Owner
Actually I take it back about the drop top looking better than the coupe, its not working for me here, Ill stick with the coupe:

Maserati-Alfieri-Concept-Sitzprobe-auf-dem-Genfer-Autosalon-2014-1200x800-099ae550dc8cc6f5.jpg

Maserati_Alfieri_concept_2.jpg

safrane

Its the crease lines at both the front and rear...for me I would prefer a smoother more organic shape and without the holes in the rear flanks

Classico

IMO, not Maseratis best effort, but not its worst either.

Like the Alfa 8c, the Alfieri works better as a coupe rather than convertible for mine.

Never mind what it looks like though. The delivery date is probably more the issue.