drivers window and door problem

PABLOSS

hello im new to this site ,ive owned my gt for just over 1 year i have a problem when i get in the car and shut the door the display on the clock's says door open and the window drops as if your opening the door,when closing the door and arming the alarm door lock's and alarm arms its self then a few seconds later window drops an inch and alarm goes off,ive taken the door latch out and thers nothing obvious can anyone help cheers paul.

conaero

Forum Owner
It will be a microswitch that has failed that is telling the body ECU that the door is still open.

If you have a look here you will see that it appears the microswitch is within either the handle (item 1) or the door lock (item 5), I would have thought the handle electrics tell the window to drop and the door lock electrics tell the body computer the door is open or close and this is what has the failure.

Take the door card off and use a multimeters to detect a voltage change when the door is open and closed on the lock to prove its failed.

Check the fuses too, you never know???

One think you could check first is to do a battery reset. These cars are very voltage sensitive. Turn the battery off for an hour or longer, let the system recharge then reconnect and check. Remember to leave the boot open whilst the battery is off.

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/maserati/granturismo-2008-4-2/bodywork-lighting/front-doors-mechanisms-43241

142_09.31_1.jpg

Last edited:

CatmanV2

Given the latch is already out and assuming they are cheapish, I'd stick a new one on as well, but that's rather based on 4200 experience

C