Mirror dip function in reverse gear

tasnam

Quick update.

I tried many methods.
IN park + Driver mirror set + Seat Memory
IN Reverse + Driver mirror set + Seat Memory
IN Neutral + Driver mirror set + Seat Memory

Didn't seem to work....I will keep trying many different combos in my 2016 GT Sport....I would think that if other older vehicles DID used to have this option they wouldn't have gone away from it....at least that is my wishful thinking......

Aredes

I had a mirror problem on my 2002 4200. The right side mirror would dip when in reverse but when I put the car back in first gear it would just go all over the place. I tried many things, including resetting the mirror at the dealer, using the diagnostics computer.
Nothing worked and I ended up replacing the complete mirror and reprogramming the whole thing at the dealer. It now works perfectly.

CatmanV2

Quick update.

I tried many methods.
IN park + Driver mirror set + Seat Memory
IN Reverse + Driver mirror set + Seat Memory
IN Neutral + Driver mirror set + Seat Memory

Didn't seem to work....I will keep trying many different combos in my 2016 GT Sport....I would think that if other older vehicles DID used to have this option they wouldn't have gone away from it....at least that is my wishful thinking......

Park
Adjust mirrors
Foot on brake
Reverse
Adjust mirrors
Back to park
(mirrors reset)
Then set memory.

C

QPRB

just had a read of the handbook, ca't get seats or mirrors to take new memory position. Says in handbook take to dealer if you get 5 beeps after turning on ignition, does anyone know how to reset memory seats without going to dealer ?

conaero

Forum Owner
just had a read of the handbook, ca't get seats or mirrors to take new memory position. Says in handbook take to dealer if you get 5 beeps after turning on ignition, does anyone know how to reset memory seats without going to dealer ?

Yep:
1. Open drivers door
2. Very quickly move the seat base button forwards/back/forwards/back
3. Fold the seat back over and the seat should move all the way backwards and all the way forwards a couple of time then beep at the end
4. Your done!

QPRB

Thanks for that, just tried it but to no avail. Opened door immediately put seat all the way forwards then all the way backwards, repeated that then put seat back as far forward as possible and nothing happened. I didn't put key in ignition or anything else ?

safrane

Just toggle the forward and back as Matt states.

if you hold it to go full forward or back the ECU will not go into test mode.

QPRB

Thanks for the help but still no good, just nudged it fwd and back twice , put seat back all the way fwd as far as it would go and still nothing, smashed it with a hammer set fire to it .....still nothing !

conaero

Forum Owner
...the only reference I can find to a QP is to the seat rapid forward and back 3 times then slide it all the way forward then all the way back with the same buttons.

Worth a try.

Other than that, try disconnecting the battery overnight.

QPRB

Nope ! I have disconned the battery before but no overnight, I will give that a go next. Thanks

tasnam

Very helpful thread!

But, I still need to work on the mirror issue....tried what was suggested but no auto dip in reverse.....yet!

I will trying

namaste

Spent a good hour today reseting the seats and trying to get my driver side mirror to dip in reverse, no luck.

On closer reading however, I notice the handbook says "Adjust the position of the seat, the external rear-view mirrors and the steering wheel, then engage reverse gear and position the external passenger's mirror again to ensure the best possible visibility for reversing.

Notice it only mentions the passenger's mirror, not the driver's mirror for reversing. I would take that as only the passenger side mirror is meant to dip. Be interesting to read if this is different in the handbooks of the people that say their driver side mirror also dips in reverse.

IMG_20171206_145752.jpg

tasnam

I am very interested to see how this works out....my 2016 GT does not seem to have driver side dip but "others" claim it should (I have not been able to figure it out)...almost seems like OLDER GT models DID have Driver side mirror dip then newer models lost the function (which would NOT make sense)

spkennyuk

I suspect although i could well be wrong that hidden in the SD3 menus is the option to turn on which mirror dips depending on if its a left hand or right hand drive car. The mirrors contain all the same parts so no reason for it not to be computer selected for which side. If thats correct then you may even be able to select both mirrors to dip in the SD3 settings somewhere.