Mirror dip function in reverse gear

CatmanV2

I'll try to remember to check mine tomorrow. Pretty sure that Stu has the right of it. Losing functionality in newer cars is not that unusual, though

C

Ebenezer

The manual only mentions the passenger window. Is that the same for left hookers? Seems daft that you can't select which one you want to dip by twisting the knob before selecting reverse, as I can see the logic of keeping the mirror that's on the road side (as oppose to the curb side) pointing in the right direction so you can still see what's happening on the road.

But in any case, we didn't buy these cars because they are easy to park!

Eb

Mattp

I've just had a strange one... 06 QP sport, passenger mirror dips in reverse then resets in forwards... I'm ok with that...

Today, had to park drivers side to, so manually dipped the drivers mirror, reversed, put the car in forward and both mirrors reset to their normal forwards position!

Strange Italian electrics!

miket

Just tried this in mine and both mirrors dip when reverse is selected, returning to normal on selection of 1st gear!

Wanderer

My 06 QP does neither, neither does mem seat work or east-exit. Battery reset due.

However, I could watch the rear view mirror go clear when I select reverse all day, it's fantastic.....

in passing I'd like it on record my parking sensors, front and rear work perfectly!