Mirror dip function in reverse gear

RSM Masser

I had a Rover 800 Vitesse that wiped the rear screen when selecting reverse - if the wipers where on, best thing on the car, the rest of it was rubbish, caught light twice, the second time I nearly punched the guy who ran out with an extinguisher and put it out "LEAVE IT - LET IT FOOKIN BURN!!!!"

QPRB

Seat and battery reset

Try doing the seat reset procedure. The reverse mirror settings are stored to the seat position. M1 And M2 so you can have two different mirror settings for both normal and reverse if you use both memory slots.

Mine would not store and went to random often useless angles on selecting reverse until i did a seat and battery reset. All works fine now and has since i did the reset in May last year.

I think the mirror selector switch has to be in the middle/ neutral position as well to use the stored reverse settings.

I know this post is ages ago but I am looking for help on a seat and battery reset on a 2007 qp gt sport, I cannot set the 3 seat settings anymore ...please help

Vampyrebat

My mirrors have an 'eppy' every now and then when I am driving along. All of a sudden they will start moving by themselves (whilst I'm driving in forward gears) and then correct themselves!!.............Does anyone else have or had this???

Slowly

My mirrors have an 'eppy' every now and then when I am driving along. All of a sudden they will start moving by themselves (whilst I'm driving in forward gears) and then correct themselves!!.............Does anyone else have or had this???

Perhaps they were checking out something / one you just passed? Younger models?

Scaf

This thread has been helpful as mine don't dip and it never occurred to me I had to set them - wil have a play at the weekend, I have the memory seats so hopefully it will work once set. Having both mirrors is going to great as only the passenger side on my Jag so I have to manually adjust each time if I park on the offside.

tasnam

So back to on topic.

I have a 2016 GT Sport (In USA).

I have mixed information about if this model's Drivers side CAN or CANNOT be programmed to "dip"......?

midlifecrisis

It's seems an age since you last asked this, but from Page 88 Chapter 4 of the Owners Manual it states

On Versions equipped with memory seats, the position of the side rear view mirrors is automatically stored along with that of the seat, whether aimed for normal car driving or reverse manuevers.

So the question is do you have electric seats? If not then the mirrors will not dip for reverse automatically and therefore you'll have to move your head more...lol

CatmanV2

So back to on topic.

I have a 2016 GT Sport (In USA).

I have mixed information about if this model's Drivers side CAN or CANNOT be programmed to "dip"......?

Mine absolutely can. Given the nature of these cars, that doesn't mean yours can, but it's not exactly hard to check!

C

QPRB

Hi, I'm new to this so excuse me if this is in the wrong place. I have QP GT Sport 2007, both mirrors used to dip when reversing, cut a long story short, battery went flat, recharged and no problem(assume interior light on) everything worked fine except could not reprogram memory seats and mirrors go all wonky when you go into reverse then into drive, doesn't always happen but mostly. Cannot reset seats, I have tried disconnecting battery again but still same problem......could anyone please help it is really annoying.

Ebenezer

Are you sure both mirrors dipped? I'm pretty sure that only the passenger side will (occasionally when it feels like it and you have managed to program the thing correctly). I'd love the drivers side to dip as well so you can see the curb on that side if you are parking that way...
Eb

namaste

My driver side doesn't dip either ('09 GT). It moves up and down fine with the control knob thing, just doesn't dip in reverse. Passenger side dips. Maybe I have to reset it somehow.

CatmanV2

My driver side doesn't dip either ('09 GT). It moves up and down fine with the control knob thing, just doesn't dip in reverse. Passenger side dips. Maybe I have to reset it somehow.

Have you set it to dip in reverse?

C

namaste

Have you set it to dip in reverse?

C

Pretty sure I have, as per the handbook, but it just resets to normal position when taken out of reverse and stays there when put back in reverse. I was wondering if there was some method to reset them, like hold up for x secs, down for x secs, or a battery disconnect or something.

QPRB

I'm almost positive my drivers side dipped too. To be honest it's so long since it worked properly maybe my mind is playing tricks !! Did we get anywhere with resetting memory seats AND mirrors ?