Auto Italia, Brooklands 2016

GeoffCapes

Let me know who you decide to use as I desperately need to sort out the geometry for the lemans trip , I carnt believe people are paying £500 to set these cars up , that's stupid money . That's like 7 hours labour ,really !

Will do. I know Giallo have done this, but haven't enquired about the cost yet. And I know some have their reservations about using them.

Contigo

Sponsor
Let me know who you decide to use as I desperately need to sort out the geometry for the lemans trip , I carnt believe people are paying £500 to set these cars up , that's stupid money . That's like 7 hours labour ,really !

That's cos it takes 7 hours!!!! You ever removed the arms and skimmed them? Painstaking job

maverick

Well Phillip I carnt say I have , still seems exspensive though for outfits that do this day in and day out with all the modern tech that goes with . Maybe we could get a few of us together that wants it done and see if we can get a better deal . Just a thought .

GeoffCapes

Well Phillip I carnt say I have , still seems exspensive though for outfits that do this day in and day out with all the modern tech that goes with . Maybe we could get a few of us together that wants it done and see if we can get a better deal . Just a thought .

Good idea, I know a few of us are interested in having it done.

maverick

Does anyone know the name of garages that do this in house ?Than I can contact them and enquire for a group buy .

Spartacus

Emblem will tell you it could cost you £200 or £500 to lower it depending on weather they can get the ring nuts loose or not

Morebeans

Cracking one of Adam which I think deserves to go into the Calendar! Oh wait it's not a trident! :D

13102747_1044451378959297_9218852656875061521_n.jpg

and Martyn in the LFM!

13087878_1044452255625876_1255194983547421642_n.jpg

13092053_1044452328959202_5426987807609328800_n.jpg

Good spot Phil. He also took pictures of the track day at Longcross the day before - there were a couple of Masers, but I didn't recognise them.

MAF260

Mav - I recommend Wheels in Motion in Chesham, Bucks. They're experts in this area and familiar with Maseratis. They sort the geo on my GS and I've sent a few SM members there who have all given very positive reports. They're about 45-60 mins from you, but worth the trip.

luckesGTV6

Hi Guys, as a non-Maserati owner but an Italian car enthusiast I agree that the car appeals more to the eye when lowered.

You are probably aware:-
Lowering the suspension will drop the instantaneous roll centres down to nearer the designers 'fully laden' condition so camber and bump stop contact will be affected at the very least. (on my GTV the rear toe control is affected as well for example)
Be sure that whoever you guys select really knows what they are doing.
Personally I would first research whether the factory have done any compatible models with lowered suspension (someone mentioned something about another model in an earlier reply and this spec. would have been passed off by their track testers/engineers as safe) - or go for a reputable company with a Masser competition background.
This reply, like several of my previous may be regarded as a 'smelly space suit' jobbie but I hate to see people paying good money for incompetent or potentially X results.

eg. My brother paid mega mega buxx for a Jaguar SS100 replica kit. Took me proudly for a spin when completed and , whilst impressed by the appearance, I couldn't help noticing the harsh, even for 'period', ride and the pattering front wheels which I tactfully mentioned.
Goodwood FOS I tackled the 'top guy' on their stand and he denied all responsibilty as he said he had bought the business/design from someone else Guv.
Later I drew out the geom. and did some detail drawings which would just about sort the problems within the space constraints for about 50 quid. I gave them to my brother. He said he couldn't change it because of insurance issues, (modified vehicle) fair enough!
Subsequently the company brought out an update kit (mega buxx again) which looked as if it might sort the main issue, but not all. My brother bought a kit but has not fitted it (manufacturers update, so box ticked)
Well g'day to Y'all now. Just off into the sunshine to smarten the car bodywork as my gloss black repaired door panel is showing up the rest of the car and I quite enjoyed doing the work!

maverick

Ok we have a few options , so who would be up for a group buy depending on cost of course . I will start a new thread