FS: Maserati 3200 GT Manual with Great Provenance

GeoffCapes

Nah. She's always said, if we have the money, and the room to put more cars, I can get what I want.

GeoffCapes

I was told from a young age, "always negotiate from a position of power".

So I have. If she wants to give up work, I can buy what cars I like if we have the money.
Simples.

drewf

So I have. If she wants to give up work, I can buy what cars I like if we have the money.
Simples.

:)

WHEN she gives up work, you won't have the money for buying whatever cars you like. Simples.

MAF260

Simples.

And you still think that'll work??!! You should know by now that whatever is said/agreed can and will be renegotiated at any time by a wife without penalty.

With almost 25 years of 'marriagement experience' the only advice I can give is this...

It is far easier to seek forgiveness than permission!

MrCoop

Once we get a new house she knows full well I'll be buying more cars.

Hah, this sounds like the deal I had with my wife. The agreement was that once SHE got the house that she wanted (which she has now), I'd be able to get the cars that I wanted (funds permitting). I should have read the small print, as it also said that once she got the house she wanted, she was also then allowed to spend whatever it took to get it to how she wanted it...

To be fair to her though, she never batted an eyelid when I bought the Maser and she does encourage me to get an Aston/Bentley but the cynic in me thinks that's because she's always wanted one as well!

I'm now in a position where I can indulge but with my lad turning 17 this year, I've got one eye on Uni costs. Once I'm done paying for him, my daughter will be ready for Uni so the stark reality is, I'll be waiting for another 9 years before I will truly be in a position to live out my car dreams..

GeoffCapes

:)

WHEN she gives up work, you won't have the money for buying whatever cars you like. Simples.

When I say 'gives up work' what I actually mean is that she will no longer be an estate agent, she will be working for me!

CatmanV2

And you still think that'll work??!! You should know by now that whatever is said/agreed can and will be renegotiated at any time by a wife without penalty.

With almost 25 years of 'marriagement experience' the only advice I can give is this...

It is far easier to seek forgiveness than permission!

This is *so* right :)

C

Wack61

Bubble burst moment, ring not on her finger yet mate........;)

On 8 out of 10 cats does countdown Jon Richardson has just got married, Lord of the rings was mentioned , so he took his wedding ring off and put it back on again

Funny that, it's not working here, as soon as I put in on in our house I ******* disappeared.

Before kids we had nice holidays, and nice cars, it's taken 20 years to get back to that but I don't regret it, my wife gave up work when the kids were born to be with them when they were young, it's something she's never forgotten hence her being OK about me buying a Maserati instead of a kitchen

Ewan

I thought this was one for you Ewan being blue? :)

I was the under-bidder. It looks like a deal on this car has probably been done, but I'll leave it to the old and/or new owner to confirm this one way or the other in due course.

But I'm pleased to say that I have reserved the purchase of another blue 3200. The only downside is that it's for about two years time! Either way, I'm pleased that there will be a manual blue 3200 being squirrelled away in my barn for prosperity.

StuartW

Congratulations on your long term plan Ewan - I hope you have secured the price in advance, it could be worth tens of thousands in a few years from now!?