Miles

murph7355

How do GTs handle miles and what's the highest anyone has put on one here to date? Specifically MC Shift cars...

Personal experience of other cars is that they tend to be better with use and get better with age. Certainly mechanically.

How do GTs cope with miles both mechanically and cosmetically?

Thanks
Murph

StuartW

Cosmetically, I would say that they are susceptible to stone chipping on the front and general road rash along the sides and this can lead to needing to get the rear inner arches re-painted. As far as I have heard, mechanically they stand up very well. Of course there are wear & tear items, some of which aren't cheap (clutch & front brakes spring to mind) but I haven't really heard any horror stories.
The mileage on mine is quite high at 52k but I have heard of higher

murph7355

Thanks Stuart (as normal :)).

Hopefully I'll be able to stop boring the forum with questions soon...

DaveT

Just saw the title of this thread. Thought it was about Loughborough's finest purveyor of all things Italian.

Oh well.

Classico

Mine's 34k miles.

Engine a peach and interior as new.

Wear and tear items, (new spark plugs, brakes) an issue past 30k miles.

bigbob

I wonder how well they hold up though...

I have RS4 with 84k and it's as good as new.

(Wasn't thinking that high for the GT either :))

DRC?

Brakes as our down under friend says but you can get 40k out of a set, well I'm hoping to...on 33k now!

murph7355

DRC?

Brakes as our down under friend says but you can get 40k out of a set, well I'm hoping to...on 33k now!
Of course (one corner). And oil cooler. An aircon rad will need doing before too long too. Worth every penny though :)

Bottled it on the one I was looking at - too much potential for extra cost. Search resumes after Christmas...

sofasurfer

Don't forget about £1200 for a new set of tyres every 10k

If you are paying £1200 for a full set of P-Zeros you are going to the wrong places. I just had two replaced this morning after a nasty kerbing incident in the country last week and paid £365 fitted. I used Black Circles as a base and then got a reputable company to match and beat it. A full set would be around the £780 price. They did mention that my driver's side tyres are wearing on the inside and will need to be replaced soon so I will leave it until after Christmas and get them sorted out. I have heard that if the geometry isn't done every year this can cause excessive inside wear.MY GTS has it's first MOT on Monday and hopefully now the car is all up together it should be ok, Meridien are carrying out the Geo for me so it should be good for another year.

StuartW

Even with the correct geo, the front tyres do wear on the inside - you should see both fronts wearing equally as unevenly as each other if that makes sense. And if they do, then your geo is probably ok! That said, it must get done regularly and is on the MD service check list