Ground clearance front, middle and rear

murph7355

While I patiently wait for another car to turn up, can anyone confirm the ground clearance on a GT Sport?

My drive has a steep incline and I'm wondering if the car will scrape on it - my Aston *just* makes it.

Am looking for the ground clearance at the nose, distance from nose to front wheels, ground clearance in the middle of the wheel base and then at the rear (plus distance from rear to rear wheels).

Or if anyone knows what sort of incline they will get up/crest that'd work too :)

hilts uk

Front splitter is the main problem. Often grounded it over speed bumps if I braked before. Lost my number plate twice as that's the lowest part of the car. Mid and rear had no issues. Most dangerous is pulling out from downhill road onto a cambered road. Trick is not to brake or you will scrape the splitter. I had a AM vantage and the GTS felt a little lower and was more prone to front scraping.

mcs

My MC shift is definitely lower than my previous car a DB9 as the DB never scraped but I have to be careful how I reverse in to my drive with the GTS as at certain angles or if too fast it deffo scrapes the bottom!

Fangio63

It's not so much the clearance... It's the overhang... ... (get it on the Mito too) which very occasionally gets a scrape... I have a lot of speed bumps round here ... and there's only ever a problem with one... and thats where the road rises steeply as i'm on the downslope of the hump... But normally no problem..

The only other issue I had was a scrape of the exhaust bolts on my 4.2 GT... the long wheelbase struggled with a crest on the entrance to a car park... luckily i saw it coming and was able to reverse and park elsewhere...

murph7355

Really useful info guys. Thanks.

I go off my drive at an angle in the Aston. The mudflaps/deflectors under the front scrape but the nose is ok. May be touch and go with a GT by the sound of it.

Looks like I definitely need to save some cash on purchase to electrify my other gate (which is much flatter!).

StuartW

You should bear in mind that some of the Sportline option packs came with lowered springs which lower the car I believe by around 35mm.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed, front overhang is perilously low.

I've had the bottom ground on a particularly steep driveway in Italy, and decided at that point that I will never lower my car! iirc the Strad is 15mm lower at the back and 12 at the front. Or thereabouts.

StuartW

I only watched V For Vendetta the other day - no doubt it's in your collection Adam?!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the recommendation, Stuart and Catmen. Poking round imdb and Rotten Tomatoes for info now.

Black Swan, btw, is a delight. In so many ways.