ZF Quattroporte Sport Wanted

ChrisQP09

I miss mine everyday, and I guess it's only after you part, that you realise what a special car it is!

Mr K

I think I got that wrong. The Sport GT should have cross drilled discs over the AB4 or Executive GT. You are correct that the Sport GT S should have the bigger Brembo discs with 6 pot calipers.

Looks like this Sport GT is missing its original cross drilled discs then? All very confusing.

Correct. The Sport GT had drilled discs as standard. That car has had non-drilled discs fitted. Not a big deal; a wear & tear item.

Carbon trim was standard on the Sport GT, but you could specify what you wanted. Mine has Rosewood (effect). The one I had last year had the standard carbon. Both had drilled discs. Specs here: http://www.sportsmaserati.com/showt...n-options-price-list?highlight=specifications

SPX

This (rather optimistically priced) example has the carbon fibre trim.

Looks very good.

Andyk

I think I would go on history and condition and for an Auto under 2k even with those miles it would be worth a look. If s a good car then it may be a bette. Bet than one with 25k on the clock. Looks good in the pictures.

rockits

Seems decent enough. I think it could do with a bit more colour on the outside or inside though. A smidge on the plain side. Probably about the right money although not cheap or dear.

SPX

The prices on these seem pretty rigid I've found;

Early examples up to '07 with DS box very rarely go for anything past £15k

Good ZF 'box post '07 QP's range from £15k to £20k

Then once at £20-25k, you're into last of the pre-facelift '08s and '09s with low(ish) miles

And finally face-lifts are all over the place over £25k.

rockits

Agreed with that. Trouble is there is often a fair spread between low/cheap/poor stuff to low miles decent stuff. It is a bit all over the shop & not cast in stone.

The prices on these seem pretty rigid I've found;

Early examples up to '07 with DS box very rarely go for anything past £15k

Good ZF 'box post '07 QP's range from £15k to £20k

Then once at £20-25k, you're into last of the pre-facelift '08s and '09s with low(ish) miles

And finally face-lifts are all over the place over £25k.

Yep pretty much spot on I think

D Walker

QP driven briefly this arvo....you need to get one! Proper test tomorrow @ Llandow ;)

Dean, when you have done track, PM me your thoughts as I am all over the place, really fancy a GT, probably around 09 plate but head says I need a QP!!!
Cheers,
Dave

rockits

LOL. Will do. I'll give young buzz when I have it a week to have a little bonding time. I guess it is down to your use & application. The QP is cracking value for money and a comfortable car that can be interesting & sporty. The GT is probably a little the other way around but GT guys can comment better.