ZF Quattroporte Sport Wanted

Wack61

I suppose when you're on the inside you can't see the outside and when you're on the outside you don't notice the inside , the problem is a car that divides opinion reduces the market so selling it on is harder

SPX

Yes, pretty much, although my dream QP would have an outlandish interior like a deep red or brown.

rockits

Yes, pretty much, although my dream QP would have an outlandish interior like a deep red or brown.

There was a chocolate brown interior one floating around recently. This one is pretty nice and I expect a good deal could be had as has been re-listed a couple of times.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-MASERATI-QUATTROPORTE-SPORT-GT-AUTO-BLACK-/172361223361?

Not sure I could live with the dark red or brown but that is what makes the world such an interesting place! We are all different and one man's trash is another man's treasure.

rockits

This is nice but the GT S has drilled discs too.

Yes, they do...agreed. Looks like a straight Sport GT to me as well and not an S. Although I have heard the possibility of Sport GT S cars having non-drilled discs popped on them as they are so much cheaper. I wonder how much different the drilled discs actually are under normal road driving conditions. Can't see they would do much over non-drilled discs unless fast/track driving.

rockits

I think I got that wrong. The Sport GT should have cross drilled discs over the AB4 or Executive GT. You are correct that the Sport GT S should have the bigger Brembo discs with 6 pot calipers.

Looks like this Sport GT is missing its original cross drilled discs then? All very confusing.

ChrisQP09

There was a chocolate brown interior one floating around recently. This one is pretty nice and I expect a good deal could be had as has been re-listed a couple of times.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-MASERATI-QUATTROPORTE-SPORT-GT-AUTO-BLACK-/172361223361?

Not sure I could live with the dark red or brown but that is what makes the world such an interesting place! We are all different and one man's trash is another man's treasure.

absolute bargain! If I was 4-5 months sooner, I would be having it.

@Rockits, yes you could spec the car with drilled discs, but the GT S had 6 pot brembos too and I believe you can get decent aftermarket drilled discs too.

SPX

Is it only the GT S that has the carbon fibre trim? Was it an option on the GT or was it just not available until 2008ish?

Andyk

Is it only the GT S that has the carbon fibre trim? Was it an option on the GT or was it just not available until 2008ish?

Think some sort of carbon dash and doof bits were standard on the QP GT....lots go optioned with the piano black though....

ChrisQP09

I think the carbon was a GT S extra for the centre console and door trim etc. My price list shows it cost over 3k for it

Ewan

Piano black looks great on a Sport GT. But to me, a proper GTS needs the carbon interior finish, some alcantara, the colour coded door handles, the darkened chrome window surrounds, the black exhaust tips and so on - these are the signature visual features of the model, so missing out on these is missing out big time. The GTS is supposed to look different to the normal Sport GT model which is a car which works in a wider variety of finishes (such as those mentioned in this thread).