ZF Quattroporte Sport Wanted

SPX

Won't let me edit title but it's actually a ZF box Quattroporte wanted not a DS.

Full service history is a must, but I don't mind of its got the odd mark and slight wear and tear because I know a good body shop.

Budget up to £20K dependant on mileage/history/condition.

Would very much like to buy from an enthusiast, and I will be ready to buy from October.

Thanks.

SPX

Sorry, wasn't able to edit the thread title, I'm looking for one with a ZF box.

rockits

There was one I saw the other day for about £16k. I'll see if I can find the link. You may have already seen it but just in case.

rockits

Just had cam cap/variators mod done as well. I actually like the interior as well apart from silly wooden rear tables & steering wheel. Prefer the piano black wood or silver trim as old school wooden trim is a bit old man for me.

SPX

Really like the interior on the blue one, the first one you've linked is a bit Teutonic in colour choice which is slightly off putting but it does look a genuine car.

SPX

Just had cam cap/variators mod done as well. I actually like the interior as well apart from silly wooden rear tables & steering wheel. Prefer the piano black wood or silver trim as old school wooden trim is a bit old man for me.
I've decided that if I do end up with a QP and it has the wooden wheel I'll simply buy a standard one and have it re-covered in a colour match of the interior and re-fit the original if/when it comes to resale.

rockits

Really like the interior on the blue one, the first one you've linked is a bit Teutonic in colour choice which is slightly off putting but it does look a genuine car.
Agree about the interior on the blue one as it looks very classy to me...very nice....I could probably live with the wood for that. Also agree about the silver & black is not for me but each to their own.

rockits

Just noticed the blue one is seriously overdue a service. The later ZF's are 2 year Max service interval and not had even an old change since Jan 2014. Should have had at least lube service in Jan 2016.

Nobody knows this car or anything about it do they?

Phil H

Nice one that black one.

The blue ones MOT history looks alright doesn't it? A few issues but aledgedly resolved over last couple years....or did I miss something? Didn't check mileages as on my mobile little screen at mo.

It had 4 MOT's in 2012 with 2 passes and 2 fails. It was also submitted for MOT in 2012 and 2013 with very low tyre treads, and had a problem on the front nearside (perhaps leading to the wear issues). I always wonder if the owner skimped on tyres what else did they skimp on? The rest of the MOT history doesn't impress either.

I agree it's a nice looking car, but it wouldn't be for me.

PH