ZF Quattroporte Sport Wanted

rockits

Why would you advertise a car like a QP firstly knowing the MOT was short or nearly out. Then have it fail while still advertised! Not going to a long line of punters is there.

Throw in repossession and vandalism & there will be plenty of better ones! Shame really as nice looking car.

SPX

Why would you advertise a car like a QP firstly knowing the MOT was short or nearly out. Then have it fail while still advertised! Not going to a long line of punters is there.

Throw in repossession and vandalism & there will be plenty of better ones! Shame really as nice looking car.

The seller says it's not registered as an insurance loss because of the vandalism but I haven't HPI'd it to be certain. That same car was also up for sale in the midlands around the time I ended up buying the XFR, around March/April.

SPX

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say, I prefer the facelift on balance, the tinted headlights especially giving it a more modern feel.

Wack61

The seller says it's not registered as an insurance loss because of the vandalism but I haven't HPI'd it to be certain.

If you start the process on autotrader as if were your car and you were selling it you get so far then it comes up with a screen telling you they'll have to list it as a cat car if it's on the list

Wack61

Sadly it's been repossessed, vandalised, and failed the MOT today.

PH

MOt fail isn't much neither is the vandalism, If i'd managed to sell my 4200 I'd have given it serious consideration at under 15k , It's been up for sale for a while so despite what he says in the ad I'd think he'd be glad to see it gone if you're the only one making an offer

That plate says MIKE H with a bit of bolt jiggery so I'd think that'd be worth a bit

Parking brake: efficiency below requirements (3.7.B.7)
Advisory notice item(s)
offside rear Anti-roll bar linkage has slight play in a ball joint

SPX

I do actually like that one that's been "vandalised" in spite of its issues and, even at the purchase price, would leave me a healthy budget to sort those few issues out and have a slush fund too.

It's probably just a month too early.

Wack61

probably not that much , some sites advertise plates that aren't for sale then contact the owner if somebody bites

rockits

I do actually like that one that's been "vandalised" in spite of its issues and, even at the purchase price, would leave me a healthy budget to sort those few issues out and have a slush fund too.

It's probably just a month too early.
Weird it doesn't seem to have a stamped service for 4 years though although only 2k miles done in last 4 years. Maybe it was stolen/found & went missing for a while?

Wack61

My guess is it was probably something to do with an acrimonious divorce, got damaged then became part of the settlement, it doesn't make sense to park a car up for 4 years, you'd just sell it

SPX

Just need ask a few general questions and to clarify a few things regarding the changes made to the Quattroporte (correct me as you need to):

Mid 2007 sees the offering of the ZF box?

At the same time there is now a "Sport" "Executive" and "the one with no name".

Only the "Sport" has the flappy paddles, do the others have buttons on the back of the steering wheel?

When was Bluetooth introduced, on the 2009MY facelift? Or earlier?

What are the average wear and tear costs? Brakes and engine service for example? Is there anything these QP's get through more than average like ball joints?

I'm expecting big running costs, it's just I'd like to put a rough figure on it, thanks.

Ewan

The ZF auto came out mid 07 as you say. The one with no name is the standard car, with 18 inch wheels. The executive was the luxury model with things like rear picnic tables, and 19 inch where's. The sport GT is the better pick, with a sportier ride and 20 inch wheels. Then top of the tree is the GTS, which is sportier still with lowered and fixed rate suspension.

All have flappy paddles so you change gear if you want to, but the ZF box does a good job anyway.

Can't remember when Bluetooth came in, but you could be right in saying it was part of the 2009 changes.

Tyres only last 10k as it is a heavy car. £1k per set. Similar with brakes, at £1k for new fronts, and another £1k for rears. (Though the brakes will last longer than the tyres). Also budget on £1k per year for standard servicing. But if you go for a ZF car from 2007 onwards, at least you don't have the replacement clutch (of circa £2k) that the earlier DS models need every 30k miles (approximately). On earlier, higher mileage cars, also expect to replace the shocks (especially rears), at a costly £1.5k for the parts alone. And check the front sub-frame, as that is prone to rust.

As an all rounder, the pick of the bunch is an 07/08 Sport GT. Expect to pay about the £20k mark approx, depending on condition/mileage.

Phil H

The model 'with no name' is often referred to as the Automatica, but don't dismiss it as it is still lovely car. As is usually the case, condition is everything; with any Maserati you are, imho, better off with a lesser spec and high integrity than a higher spec with low integrity as the latter can prove very costly.

PH

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
All have flappy paddles so you change gear if you want to, but the ZF box does a good job anyway.

Accurate write up Ewan, all pretty clear there, just one thing....

Flappy paddles were standard on a Sport GT and GTS, optional on a standard car or an Exec. There are buttons behind the steering wheel but they're for audio functions and nothing to do with the transmission.

Accurate write up Ewan, all pretty clear there, just one thing....

Flappy paddles were standard on a Sport GT and GTS, optional on a standard car or an Exec. There are buttons behind the steering wheel but they're for audio functions and nothing to do with the transmission.

This is true Dicky.
Mine does not have flappy paddles. It does have buttons on the back of the wheel that are audio related

rockits

Service intervals are different as well as 12 months on earlier DS cars. The ZF cars as with all GT's are 2 year service intervals. However higher car tax bracket. A few hundred quid different

For me the ZF Sport GT seems to be the best blend/value. The Sport GTS is a fair bit more cash.

Ewan, what money does a Sport GTS start at?

SPX

The ZF auto came out mid 07 as you say. The one with no name is the standard car, with 18 inch wheels. The executive was the luxury model with things like rear picnic tables, and 19 inch where's. The sport GT is the better pick, with a sportier ride and 20 inch wheels. Then top of the tree is the GTS, which is sportier still with lowered and fixed rate suspension.

Can't remember when Bluetooth came in, but you could be right in saying it was part of the 2009 changes.

Tyres only last 10k as it is a heavy car. £1k per set. Similar with brakes, at £1k for new fronts, and another £1k for rears. (Though the brakes will last longer than the tyres). Also budget on £1k per year for standard servicing. But if you go for a ZF car from 2007 onwards, at least you don't have the replacement clutch (of circa £2k) that the earlier DS models need every 30k miles (approximately). On earlier, higher mileage cars, also expect to replace the shocks (especially rears), at a costly £1.5k for the parts alone. And check the front sub-frame, as that is prone to rust.

As an all rounder, the pick of the bunch is an 07/08 Sport GT. Expect to pay about the £20k mark approx, depending on condition/mileage.
Brilliant, just what I was looking for Ewan, thank you.

Going to try and concentrate on a GT Sport where possible now, I do use the paddles more than most.

SPX

Brilliant, just what I was looking for Ewan, thank you.

Going to try and concentrate on a GT Sport where possible now, I do use the paddles more than most.