QP -Looks cheap for the miles.

SPX

Looks nice to me. The Black Aberdeen one looks very nice & right up my street especially with the Tubi's. Long trek though!
Well.... The seller of the one near me has offered to do a deal with my Mercedes C220, so I might end up with a grey one after all!

Really, really do like the black one on here though, but it's right on the cusp of what a ZF 'box QP is! Really struggling to be honest...

Needamaser

My thoughts are buy the one your heart tells you to or you will spend your time wishing you had driven the extra miles or paid the extra money and get an inspection first.
If what is on the market isn't what you really want then wait. Check with likes of Richard Grace, Nuvola and ADG if you haven't already.

SPX

My thoughts are buy the one your heart tells you to or you will spend your time wishing you had driven the extra miles or paid the extra money and get an inspection first.
If what is on the market isn't what you really want then wait. Check with likes of Richard Grace, Nuvola and ADG if you haven't already.

It's a non-starter now anyway, the cost to swap he wanted was silly when taking into account he's had it up for sale for a long time and I'm the first person who's actually gone and seen it, add that I'm not really wanting a grey one then it didn't take long to talk myself out of it.

I've given myself a mental budget of £15k for a DS, rightly or wrongly, I really can't justify paying any more than that when a ZF can be had for late teens.

There was a dark blue with dark tan leather ZF Sport for sale a little while ago for £17.5k that I'm now kicking myself for not going to have a look at...

Pau1

I've given myself a mental budget of £15k for a DS, rightly or wrongly, I really can't justify paying any more than that when a ZF can be had for late teens.

Sounds very much like what I thought last year, but as you know, you get what you pay for. I knew I had to have Black/Cream + Tubi's. ;)

SPX

Sounds very much like what I thought last year, but as you know, you get what you pay for. I knew I had to have Black/Cream + Tubi's. ;)

Yours is ideally what I'm looking for and I must have listened to the YT clip of your car a dozen times (!)

I'll be honest with you, the price really makes me wrestle with my conscience; I'm certain it'll be as described and I do much prefer to buy from a fellow enthusiast but the distance is a big factor I'm afraid, I like to have a look at a car, agree a price, leave a deposit then go back for it and with yours that is (sadly I may add) simply not viable.

rockits

You know the drill & the score I'm sure. I've often had good and bad feelings about buying motors. Mainly for the right reasons. The 4200 I knew it was right and acted quickly. Others never felt right but hard to ignore all those reasons telling you not to buy when you are hankering after something so much.

Listen to your gut, act upon it and never look back. Some you win & some you lose but one thing is for sure.....don't regret.....you live only once....I think!

Not sure how that helps!!

StuartW

If the car feels right, you need to do everything you can to at least go & see it - you don't want to miss out & be filled with regret - Yorkshire to Aberdeen isn't that far surely? Go on, you know you want to!

drewf

It's not that far! I used to commute every week from Holmfirth to Aberdeen - 360 miles in the car, or a simple cheap flight from Manchester. Easy :)

Am I helping? ;)

Needamaser

or a simple cheap flight from Manchester. Easy
or Leeds Bradford I think as well.
Car was serviced I think very recently at PK in Edinburgh. If Paul is happy for you to call them then speak to Phil to get his impressions of the car and at least know if it is a good one or not?
If you are at least tempted it is worth a phone call?

drewf

or Leeds Bradford I think as well.
Car was serviced I think very recently at PK in Edinburgh. If Paul is happy for you to call them then speak to Phil to get his impressions of the car and at least know if it is a good one or not?
If you are at least tempted it is worth a phone call?

There are flights from LBA, but nothing like as cheap as from MAN, plus it's a pig of an airport to get to from South Yorkshire. Easiest option is to use the train right into Manchester airport, single ticket to Aberdeen, drive back in a QP :)

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Bought my first Maserati, a 3200, from Macrae & Dick in Inverness. It's a great drive back, you don't want to go all that way if the car isn't going to be right but ask a load of questions and if it stacks up; ROAD TRIP!

Needamaser

I looked at that car when it was for sale at MacRae & Dick.
I knew little about 3200's but that was a lot more than the salesman who was selling it! I imagine you got a good deal on it because they really didn't want it there!
That was the first Maserati I looked at with a half thought of buying. The only other one I knew of in the North of Scotland at that time was a Bora which is still around.
I could be wrong but Emblem looked after the car when Ewan had it and Phil at PK Supercars has looked after it since it moved North and either/both could I am sure give a prospective buyer any info they needed to enable them to decide it they want to invest then in an inspection?
When I collected the 4200 from you the trip back was the icing on the cake. It was also a fair bit further than Aberdeen to Yorkshire! Mind you I went the scenic route to get the most from it which added probably another 100 miles!!

Ewan

Paul's is a lovely car (well, certainly was when he bought it from me) with great history. 2006 DS models don't often come up with desirable extras such as the 20 inch alloys and a Tubi exhaust, especially not in the desirable combination of black and cream. Don't refrain, jump on the train!

Pau1

PM me if you'd like to talk about the car. It was booked in for its annual service with Phil this Friday but I've had to cancel due to attending family Funeral. New photos now up on Pistonheads too.