3200gt - well known forum car

macaroni

Hi,
somewhat reluctantly I am putting my Maserati 3200gt automatic up for sale.

The reason for the sale is the well-documented battle I had with HR at work who have succeeded in taking my car allowance away from me, unless I use it on a car that meets certain safety criteria.

Anyway, enough about my woes...on with the show.

99,402 miles with full Maserati dealer and indie service history (Autoshield/Giallo).
10 months MOT and of course, no tax.
It has a new cambelt, water pump, recent service, 2 good front and 2 new rear Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres on refurbished wheels.

Recent work includes refurbished ABS ECU, front lower wishbones, rear lower wishbones, new disks/pads all round, including a nicely working handbrake.
The A/C works well and there are no warning lights on the dash.

This car has been very reliable, never let me down and I would trust it to go anywhere.
However, it isn't concours, but it is a very good condition, solid 3200 having had no expense spared on it during its life.
I have put it up on other websites for £12,000, but will be happy to discuss this with any forum members.

Please message me with any questions, or requests for more pictures.

Cheers,

Antony

Attachments

• 2015-06-21-2993.jpg
    2015-06-21-2993.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 21
  • 2015-06-21-2991.jpg
    2015-06-21-2991.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 2015-06-21-2990.jpg
    2015-06-21-2990.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 17

CatmanV2

I'm horrified that HR can prevent you from spending your car allowance on whatever the **** you want. I get a car allowance, and I spend it on beer, mostly. *And* I can get an interest free season ticket loan, should I wish (which I don't as it's more expensive). The only thing I can't do is claim business mileage.

C

Contigo

Sponsor
I get a car allowance too and all I have to do is provide a certificate of motor insurance to show I actually have a car and it has to be a 4 seater. Simples!

I get business miles at 45p/mile.

macaroni

I have a 5 point checklist;

Drivers airbag
Passenger airbag
ABS
ESP
Euroncap rating of 4 or above

that a car has to meet.
I spent a very happy lunchtime going through the company car list pointing all the cars they would give me that also didn't meet the criteria, so they just removed those cars from the list.

I was supposed to sort this by the end of September, but my appeals have extended my allowance till the end of the year.

Thanks LincsOSCA, it's a lovely car that I will be absolutely gutted to lose.

GeoffCapes

Buy a really cheap car that ticks the boxes and keep the Maser?

Then sell the cheap car once you have the allowances! Simples.

MAF260

My first Maserati love - the car that got me into my Maserati addiction!

This car has been very well cared for, GLWS.

macaroni

Update: the car now has a lovely new cambelt and water pump, along with a new oil pressure sender, courtesy of Giallo, so is fully ready to rock.

Price is, of course, negotiable, especially to forum members.

Cheers,

Antony

beau

No one seems to Of mentioned it so I will...

The drivers door is a completely different shade?

Would it not be worth getting that fixed? That would put me off buying...

highlander

No one seems to Of mentioned it so I will...

The drivers door is a completely different shade?

Would it not be worth getting that fixed? That would put me off buying...
Is that not maybe the photo? Although even looking closely I'm not getting it......?

allandwf

Drivers door does look different, passengers seems fine, though may just be the light, even so, it should be a well sorted car as they do like to be driven.

macaroni

Beau is right, that door was blown over aftera push bike fell into it, but it is close you can barely tell "in real life", hence I forgot about it.
Nevertheless, that photo does highlight it so I will get my bodyshop to have another look.

Thanks for pointing this out.
Anything else anyone thinks will hamper a sale?

Antony