Does anyone know anything about this MC Shift - seems way to cheap!?

mcs

A friend of mine has enquired about the car in the attached link. A simple phone call to ask about the car resulted in him asking if there was any room for movement on the price and he was told he could have it for £37,500. Now to me that seems ridiculously cheap - it is hard to find a decent 4.7s for that money let alone an MCS! The colour in the ad is also listed as Nero but the car seems to be Grey and an HPI check also confirmed that the car is indeed Grey however the seller is adamant that his car is black!

The car is a good 200 miles away so I told him I'd ask the chaps on here if anyone knew the car before he makes his way up to have a closer look. It will need a clutch fairly soon as he was told remaining clutch life is around 35%.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...d-transferrable-warrantywise-warranty/4822597

conaero

Forum Owner
I would say, if you can stand in front of the car then private, £37,500 is about where that car should be with that mileage. At a dealer, it would be about £5k more and that is the premium they will charge.

If I were you, I would get up there today and get the deal before one of the vulture dealers gets hold of it.

You may find he has been offered such a low trade in on a main dealer car that anything over that is acceptable to the vendor.

On the other hand, it could be a complete dog, but I doubt it....strike while the irons hot my friend!

ChrisQP09

A friend of mine has enquired about the car in the attached link. A simple phone call to ask about the car resulted in him asking if there was any room for movement on the price and he was told he could have it for £37,500. Now to me that seems ridiculously cheap - it is hard to find a decent 4.7s for that money let alone an MCS! The colour in the ad is also listed as Nero but the car seems to be Grey and an HPI check also confirmed that the car is indeed Grey however the seller is adamant that his car is black!

The car is a good 200 miles away so I told him I'd ask the chaps on here if anyone knew the car before he makes his way up to have a closer look. It will need a clutch fairly soon as he was told remaining clutch life is around 35%.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...d-transferrable-warrantywise-warranty/4822597

Seems like he has his eyes on a replacement something and given the GTs are dropping perhaps he wants to bag a bit before selling.

This is a private sale too and one thing to note that dealer cars are usually subject to part ex's which bring the value down 5-10%+ and so the cash price will be close to private.

bigbob

Looks like Grigio Granito which is grey but only if it's sunny, black otherwise! One of the GranTurismo's nicest colours IMHO.

Maseratis' have high dealer margins, the miles here are full(ish) for an MC and it's October. Looks straight to me, worth a peek. I suspect it will sell fast FWIW.

MAF260

Seems to be an honest ad. The registration number is clear in the photos - call Bowkers and ask them about the car; assuming they won't quote the data protection ad back at you!

Looks like a very good buy at that price....I'm quite tempted myself....!

Contigo

Sponsor
If Gary and the Bowker boys have looked after it then It will be a great car. I'd get onto the phone pronto and ask him about it.

Wack61

Looks nice but if you buy a maserati like this surely you're going to drive it, the mileage at mot last November was 42430, if it's at 44k now either he's not used it or its been off the road for some reason

ChrisQP09

Looks nice but if you buy a maserati like this surely you're going to drive it, the mileage at mot last November was 42430, if it's at 44k now either he's not used it or its been off the road for some reason

Valid point my friend, especially given the strong warranty he has? unless this purchase was prompted by a hefty bill?

GeoffCapes

The front bumper isn't correctly lined up.

And looking at the side pic in the sun, I'd say it's had a respray on the front wings and bonnet.

bigbob

What a suspicious place this has become. Lots of people buy cars and hardly use them, many low slung cars of that mileage have had frontal paint etc. Sure get an inspection but is every used Maserati a bag of nails? You would increasing think that reading posts on here.

Someone make an offer, get an inspection done and if it's ok, post some pics of your new pride and joy.

mcs

Thanks guys - I'll pass this info on to my mate. Not sure if they will share the report so publicly though....may need approval from the current owner but if it's legit then can't see why he would not agree to allow the report to be released.

I was hoping the owner of this car may be on here as a member :)