2016 Road to Le Mans

G

Guest 1678

We were behind them. I think they may have run over a guy's foot and one of our companions got pulled by the French noise police. We all left him there, nice guys that we are.

Too right the fecker was pawing my girl's bonnet. retribution is swift in the Wheaton house.

MAF260

If the fuel shortages continue I'll take the Ghibli instead - fill her up at Dover and still have some diseasel left over when I get home!

conaero

Forum Owner
Christ I'll have to the the Audi to Le Mans!

No way. I'll leave it at Guys empty and pick it up at a later date.

I'll be able to get there ok.

TBH it will all be sorted before we go I recon.

Andyk

Out of interest how many 3200's did Maserati sell in the UK...That's not many left is it?

Crofty

Think I'll take the old Ghibli then, that way I won't need any fuel, British airways will take me home.....again!!

dem maser

It isn't really. I get about 300 miles from a tank the way I drive. I'm sure it would be better mpg cruising on a motorway. I should have just bought a petrol. Or a Stradale.

300 miles from a tank? yes a Strad is prob the same
Great cruiser though the Ghibli, perfect for Le Mans and the motorways

conaero

Forum Owner
The route down from Calais to Le Lude via Le Touquet, Evreux, Bernay is 340 miles, if you brim it in Dover you'll scrape down there with out too many rev offs.

map.jpg

Dan!

A rev off in a diesel Matt? I tried that in the beemer last year, doesn't really cut it :)

drewf

The way the petrol shortages are spreading due to strike action, you might be needing 1500 miles from a tank. Very pleased I chose not to drive one of the cars out from UK to Geneva this week, as many stations have run out or are rationing purchases to 30 litres. That's not a lot of use in a 4.4 V8 at under 20mpg. Ferries won't allow more than 30litres in cans, and French police not even that. Big problem, as it's expected the strike and knock on effects could easily last another two weeks. My friends in Lyon are struggling already :(

Le Mans with Tesla rev-offs just won't be the same...

hoyin

Errrr I get 10mpg. That is me screwed then. Guess we will just have to see nearer the time.

The good thing is there will be fewer cars on the road! But I might be one of the casualties!

Spartacus

It was good to see everyone at the pre Le Mans meet last night . And nice of Mav to bring his one eyed drum kit for Matt to play with
[video=youtube;QtCjEQ6hlFk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtCjEQ6hlFk[/video]