Sports Maserati brake discs - third group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmanmart

No one likes to lose money, and hopefully it won't come to that, but if you can't afford to write off 3 or 400 pounds is a Maserati the right car?

That's not the point though is it?

I think it's about time for a explanation of exactly what's going on.

conaero

Forum Owner
Nobody has said the money is lost.

We will pursue it, we have enough lawyers and police on here who have offered their services for the cause.

I have offered to MAF on numerous occasions to get involved but he doesn't want me to.

Basically he feels it's his mess and he will sort it out one way or another.

Robbe

Is there a reason MAF does not answer any questions here, but has the forum owner as his spokesperson?

Navcorr

Basically he feels it's his mess and he will sort it out one way or another.

I have no money invested in this venture but I do have to say this comment speaks volumes as to the calibre of members on this Forum. As for MAF making a statement, I don't know the man as we've not met, but I'm sure he will feel a heavy burden of responsibility to those involved. Unfortunately, there appears to be a head of steam brewing which personally I find a bit distasteful. Perhaps give the guy a bit of credit for taking this project on in the first place.

dem maser

Everyone please calm down

No one has said the money is lost

MAF is a good man and he will sort this out, I take my hat off to him for taking on such a project to try and deliver mass savings to everyone and not take a penny for himself

One way or another it will be sorted, the forum is a great place to be on and the reason for this is because of the members on it so let's not turn on each other and let's try and resolve it

conaero

Forum Owner
Update.

MAFs person situation has been resolved. We are attempting to have a meeting with the motor factors to see what has gone on.

Stick with us we are on it.

conaero

Forum Owner
Thread back open as resolve is on the horizon. This is not an opportunity to lay the boot in, we are not at fault and take our obligation seriously.

Spoke to MAF this morning, he is going to start paying you all back out of his own pocket whilst we pursue the motor factors who have your money.

markp4200

Thanks Matt,
this would be the honourable thing to do.
Let's hope it removes some of the bad feeling that has been building up.

conaero

Forum Owner
Another update, the motor factors have agreed to pay the money back...when that will be we don't know but MAF is going to refund those out of his own pocket in the short term.

We will then see if we can place the next order via a mate of mine who is high up in ECP and have a direct credit account with Apec.

I accept these are nothing but words at the moment but progress is being made and we are working hard behind the scenes.

Andy Marshall

I accept these are nothing but words at the moment but progress is being made and we are working hard behind the scenes.

I am not a part of the 3rd group buy, I got my full set in the 2nd, but may I say that I think you and Maff et al deserve much credit for the way you have faced up to and dealt with what must have been a distressing set of circumstances. To those chomping at the bit I would simply say, it is very much worth your while to be patient. The APEC discs are first class, beautifully finished and great in operation. EBC Redstuff pads (front and back) seem to compliment them well. It's clearly taken a while to resolve, but the prize is worth having.

Now if someone could just work out a decent supply of discs for my Granturismo (instead of the daylight robbery that the OEM stuff costs) then I'd be a VERY happy bunny. :swing:

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
We will then see if we can place the next order via a mate of mine who is high up in ECP and have a direct credit account with Apec.

So the issue has not been with Apec (and their disc manufacturer), but rather the motor factor placing the order with Apec?
If so I guess this is good in a way, I had the opinion that there was an actual manufacturing/quality problem with this third batch of discs.

RW3200

Fantastic news, although not involved in the group buy I have followed the discussion and was never in doubt the situation would be resolved one way or another.
Good luck with the new route to manufacture.

R

DevonPaul

I am pleased to see this has been resolved. I haven't seen (nor really looked for) any negativity or criticism of MAF on this - I know the first 2 runs went fine so I always assumed it was an issue with the supply and not of MAF's doing.

Whilst nobody likes to lose money over nothing, to be brutally honest, anyone running one of these things who can't suffer a couple of hundred quid unexpected loss is running the wrong car, and info I've had from the forum over the last 5 years (including researching the purchase) has saved me a lot more than writing off the cost of a set of front discs.

RSM Masser

I am pleased to see this has been resolved. I haven't seen (nor really looked for) any negativity or criticism of MAF on this - I know the first 2 runs went fine so I always assumed it was an issue with the supply and not of MAF's doing.

Whilst nobody likes to lose money over nothing, to be brutally honest, anyone running one of these things who can't suffer a couple of hundred quid unexpected loss is running the wrong car, and info I've had from the forum over the last 5 years (including researching the purchase) has saved me a lot more than writing off the cost of a set of front discs.

I agree with you about MAF, I don't know him that well, but I have no reason to believe that he would act in any way fraudulently. I have benefited from the Forum and met many of the members, all decent people with a passion for Italian cars, some with outlandish drinking habits (and other habits brought on by the outlandish drinking habits)

However, I cant say I am too happy about losing a couple of hundred pounds. (I regard mine as in limbo - dependant on Matts efforts with EPC)
Collectively the order is worth the best part of £15000 which went on the missing list. People have gone to prison for stealing less.

Someone, somewhere is being dishonest that is the issue.

markp4200

Whilst nobody likes to lose money over nothing, to be brutally honest, anyone running one of these things who can't suffer a couple of hundred quid unexpected loss is running the wrong car

Well I, for one, cannot afford the loss of this amount.
Whilst I appreciate that ownership of cars from this marque can be both expensive and demanding, there are those among us who are 'older' and well into OAP territory who may not be as well-heeled as others.
From my perspective as a child in the 1950s, I grew up in awe of Maserati and could only dream of ownership. In later life when it became a possibility, I for one, grabbed that opportunity with both hands, bought one and love it.
That doesn't mean, does it, that I run the wrong car? Surely I am running the right car but have to live within my budget, but am not in any position to just throw money away.
Living a life of frugality, saving for something that was a dream .... is that so wrong?

Incidentally I have attempted to try and recover my money to enable me to go ahead and get my desperately needed discs elsewhere, but all to no avail.
Does anyone know more, can light be shed on this or do we still just wait?

conaero

Forum Owner
Anyone that is desperate for a refund, can you PM me your full name, mobile number, address and bank details please.

We have not been paid back, but are just trying to pay those who are desperate like Mark, if you can wait, we would appreciate it as we are paying back out of our own pockets in the short term.

The plan is for our discs to stock them in the future so they are available next day if required. The cost will rise slightly to accommodate this.

redsonnylee

Thanks for the offer, I myself am happy to wait for the supplier to refund the forum now that we know they are doing this.

I have a question, some of us like me did not actually order/pay for discs on this buy (I was on the first one) but have supplied my spares to a member who needed them urgently and taken his place.

Do you have a list of these people as I might not be the only one in this position.

Status
Not open for further replies.