Windscreen crack no trim available

pbonner

Hi, Need some advice from the forum. Last winter my windscreen on my MY2000 3200GT cracked on drivers side about 30 cm into the drivers vision area - MOT failure. Called insurance company to claim for windscreen and Autoglass were appointed to resolve. They ordered the glass within 4 weeks but could not get the trim. Turns out that the trim is out of stock and now obsolete. I spoke to Grimaldi's in Halstead and Eurospares and it is not looking good on getting the trim.
So two questions:
1) Anyone know where to get trim for the 3200?
2) Does the 4200 glass fit as a replacement?

Hope someone can help as at the moment I've had to SORN until the screen is fixed :(

Thanks Phil.

MAF260

My understanding is that you cannot get the trim separately.

The 3200/4200/GranSport models all share the same windscreens. I recently had a replacement screen fitted to my GS by Autoglass. It took a few weeks to arrive, but I wasn't made aware of any supply issues - it came direct from Maserati.

Wack61

The problem you may come across is if you don't use an approved repairer the insurance have a maximum they'll pay out, I think mine is £250 so push them to contact Maserati direct if their supplier can't source one

pbonner

Hi
I had Autoglass doing the work but they have “parked” the claim as they can’t get the trim.

I may have to go down the 4200 but on Eurospares the 3200 and 4200 are different part numbers and on the 3200 there is a trim where as there isn’t a trim on the 4200 diagrams.

Phil

beau

I had trouble with this, I don't know where you are, but I used a place in Chelmsford, Essex

They custom made a trim to fit.

The old metal trim was retained and used

pbonner

I am in Sudbury so not far from Chelmsford. Can you pass on the details please Beau?
Thanks
Phil

Andyk

This is not good for owners.....Would imagine more part are going this way as well....

bigbob

This is not good for owners.....Would imagine more part are going this way as well....

Indeed it is really disappointing that Maserati is doing this. I had planned on keeping my GranTurismo a long time but now not so sure.

beau

I am in Sudbury so not far from Chelmsford. Can you pass on the details please Beau?
Thanks
Phil

hi, its CCS windscreens, they did mine only about 3 weeks ago, while it doesnt look quite like the original, im very happy with it, and considering there is no possible way to get an orignal trim anywhere i dont think there really is any other option.

mine was a used windscreen though, so it already had the metal trim attached, im sure you can swap it over though.