loch ness pics (Marci & Baz)

highlander

Lovely and great driving roads if no bikes and ponies out clogging them up!
more the sheep you have to worry about! although I did notice one farm we passed seemed to use the exact same shade of green for marking the sheep as marci is........that is handy

Contigo

Sponsor
A 3200 can't keep up with a non S Boxster in the twisties? Hmm I think you need the right driver mate? I assume Fiona was in Marci and you were in Baz? :)

alfatwo

A 3200 can't keep up with a non S Boxster in the twisties? Hmm I think you need the right driver mate? I assume Fiona was in Marci and you were in Baz? :)

Yea, but you have the uprated front roll bar Phil...It makes a huge differance when it comes to the corners!

Dave

D Walker

I shall be on that very road at the end of September.took your advice and staying in Fort Augusta rather than Inverness !

highlander

The sooner you get some ARBs sorted Dave, the better then! ;)
That said, I think the chassis and balance on the Boxster is superb and will outperform the 32 (and most others I reckon) all day long on corners.......different animals.

See you in sept Mr Walker! Speak to Trevor, he stayed in fort Augustus when he was up and will know the watering holes better than me.

highlander

Think it is safe to say that Fiona now has the bug. Sunday is usually laze about day, maybe wash the cars, maybe not......but usually little else done. Today though over our usual late Sunday breakfast "fancy a run to Ullapool since the sun is out?" Said with a real twinkle in her eye.........what have I started! ;)

safrane

Well you are blessed with the sun at the moment...I can see the sun on the live BTCC coverage. Here in the SW its coming down in torrents and no hope of sun until later in the week.

Trev Latter

I shall be on that very road at the end of September.took your advice and staying in Fort Augusta rather than Inverness !

The sooner you get some ARBs sorted Dave, the better then! ;)
That said, I think the chassis and balance on the Boxster is superb and will outperform the 32 (and most others I reckon) all day long on corners.......different animals.

See you in sept Mr Walker! Speak to Trevor, he stayed in fort Augustus when he was up and will know the watering holes better than me.

We stayed at the Inch hotel on the A82 just outside Fort Augustus. Lovely place (former hunting lodge) with bags of character overlooking Loch Ness. The food was great, especially the game pie. To be fair, the hotel food and hospitality was so good we didn't really venture too far away from it. You'll love the roads and the scenery no matter what. Greg and Fiona are superb hosts and know all the local beauty spots for photo opportunities. Feeling ever so slightly jealous now :)

D Walker

We stayed at the Inch hotel on the A82 just outside Fort Augustus. Lovely place (former hunting lodge) with bags of character overlooking Loch Ness. The food was great, especially the game pie. To be fair, the hotel food and hospitality was so good we didn't really venture too far away from it. You'll love the roads and the scenery no matter what. Greg and Fiona are superb hosts and know all the local beauty spots for photo opportunities. Feeling ever so slightly jealous now :)

We are staying at Bank House B n B for that leg, may have bitten off more than we can chew that day as its going to end up being 200 miles that day, I enjoy driving but was hoping to break it up with a mid day visits - may have to press on for the last day though!!
We are doing the NC 500 route in 4 days with an alternative start from Fort William - I will do a separate thread when the journeys begins on the 19/20th September.

D Walker

Well you are blessed with the sun at the moment...I can see the sun on the live BTCC coverage. Here in the SW its coming down in torrents and no hope of sun until later in the week.

Its roasting in N Yorkshire Peter - sat on my decking at the caravan with a cheeky white wine.