Cheap cat D GS on eBay

philgarner

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maserati-Gransport-4-2-V8-2006-06-/321835798942

$_57.JPG

Same colour as mine. So jealous of the interior.

No mention of history or what caused cat D is a red flag obviously.

Andyk

Now there was one for sale in that colour the other month with the rear wing and boot smashed up...MAybe the same one ....but then again maybe not......22k seems a bit much for a cat car when ADG has a straight one for 23k...OK older and common black with tech cloth but it hasn't been in an accident....

outrun

I'm seeing some 4200 back boxes, not GS ones. I suspect that's probably because the GS ones were hard to get/expensive and so it's probably not valved back boxes.

safrane

Good spot...looks like a bodge job of 2nd hand parts to get it fixed, wonder what else they scrimpt on.

Did it not go for just shy of £17k for Copart?...if so not much to play with re repair cost and sale price when fixed...that with no history and Cat D...one to steer clear off...but no doubt some poor sap will get burnt on it.

philgarner

What's that aerial for - nav? That's not factory is it?

If it was 17k smashed definitely not much profit in it.

Wack61

Why would anybody buy a car like that without researching sites like this first

I'm a good 6 months away from my first ever Maserati but when the time comes I'll have picked up a lot of information from here and will be asking the members for advice on particular cars, it's such a small club the chances are somebody may know something about it 7-8 years down the line .

I think he's going to get burnt with that car but at least he's declared its a cat D

allandwf

^ Agree, I'm just over a year until I get my replacement, but I will follow all the car's for sale from now up until then. That way I will know if they have been sold on a few times, or have been discussed on here previously. I goldmine of information can be had. The old AC will be a hard act to follow.