High miles QP GT Exec anyone

allandwf

I've been window shopping at ones in Europe, not uncommon to see 170, 180 thousand km. Good to know :)

Wack61

That's a lovely colour combination

I'm hoping this is the place a bargain will be pointed out in 6 months but it's killing me to keep seeing cars I want

GeoffCapes

What sort of MPG would I get on a run in one of these? (Optimistically hoping it's above 30mpg).

StuartW

I'm no QP expert but I think 30 could be optimistic (I'm yet to hit 20 in my GTS!), however I'm happy to be proved wrong?

drewf

It won't do 30mpg parked in a garage...

Mine clocked 9.2 overall on Saturday, including the two 40 mile journeys to/from Brunty. Expect between 17 & 21 in the real world.

Wack61

They use a gallon of petrol keeping the clock accurate at night so 30mpg is unlikely

MrCoop

What sort of MPG would I get on a run in one of these? (Optimistically hoping it's above 30mpg).

Mark, this made me chuckle! Think you're being far too optimistic mate. The best I've had so far is 22mpg, on the drive home from picking it up. That was 240 miles, nearly all motorway and me doing a steady 70/80 all the way. Since then, I'm getting about 9mpg but the driving is a tab more spirited! That's in a GS, which is lighter than the QP. Forget about fuel economy!

CatmanV2

Hmm, I think I was getting about 25 (just) on the long runs through France last year. Realistically I bank on 19

C

Wack61

When I had the A8 4.2 Quattro My wife moved jobs about a mile away, over the winter with lots of short trips it was doing 8mpg

Maseratiman

I'm off on holiday tomorrow so thought I would top off tank (with Shell V-Power! It only drinks premium fuels), it was showing 1/4 tank down. £42 later my foot was on the floor trying to work that one out. I'm pretty sure the tank doesn't take £160 of fuel from memory - even with cognac in the tank. So either I got burned in the petrol station or my gauge is not very accurate. Best not get low on fuel as I wouldn't trust the dial.

With this car I neither check the petrol prices or pay attention to how much it cost, or when I last filled up! I just have to have this car so cost irrelevant. Not interested in calculating MPG. My other cars I watch like a hawk!

GeoffCapes

Oh well. A QP for a company car is out then. :(

My Alfa GT JTD (remapped) get about 60mpg. Looks like I'm sticking with that for now.

Maseratiman

GeoffCapes - big cars always seem to do badly on MPG?. We have an XC90 and get about 25mpg tops, and its driven like a geriatrics car. Our R32 only got 23mpg max (small car big engine) and my ranger about 25mpg (big pickup).

drewf

Oh well. A QP for a company car is out then. :(

My Alfa GT JTD (remapped) get about 60mpg. Looks like I'm sticking with that for now.

Mark - you do too many miles to use a QP as a daily driver!! Look at my sig to remind yourself about the real world...