WANTED: 3200 Asseto Corsa

Yeti

After her run out with the SCD boys last weekend, She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed has decided she would like a 3200. As it's me who will be paying for said "toy" I would rather spend the extra time and money and get an Asseto Corsa. So if anyone knows where there might be a nice one for sale, please drop me a PM.

alfatwo

David Askew has Lincs's old black AC..Its a lovely car, just needs the the engine sorting..£2k tops.. Could be a bargain for someone!

Dave

StuartW

I'm not sure if David is selling though, you would need to call him to check. It was his own car for over 2 years before I bought it from him in May 2013 and he always regretted selling it to me!

highlander

So few ACs around now, and tbh unless buying for secured investment then a sorted 32 will do just as well IMO.

Yeti

It's not for investment, don't much like the idea of buying purely to make money. These things are meant to be driven which is probably why I've averaged over a thousand miles a month since I bought the Strad. Want the car to drive and believe the AC will be a better drive.

highlander

Run the risk of causing a rammy with AC owners but I think the difference between an AC and a straight 32 is minuscule Really, other than being a tighter/harder ride. Your money and choice but look at Phil, he picked a really nice non AC for much less than 10k which his better half loves.......jmo, but all I'm saying is do not discount a good non AC.

alfatwo

Agreed unless at ten tenths the difference is minuscule.

Dead on there Phil...you can't drive them like back the old days in the late 1990's.anyway...So, Id'e say a nice normal 3200 is a better option nowadays..

Dave

Andyk

Must be worth a call to Dicky Grace as if a good one is coming up for dsale he will probably know about it.

Merak Memories

Hi Yeti,
I have recently purchased an Assetto Corsa from Dicky Grace and would highly recommed both the car and Ricard Grace Cars.
Although I suspect many of the comments made on here regarding "real world" differences in driving are correct, having now driven both, the A/C does handle a little better in my opinion (lower, with stiffer springs and quicker steering) but for me, the main reasons for getting one were:
1. the look of the car, slightly lower, with the different wheels and interior that contrasts so well with the silver bodywork; and
2. that "limited addition factor", that makes an already special car (I think all 3200's are special and its a real "event" when I see one) even more so!
Ultimately, it will depend how quickly you want to make your purchase, but I would say as with many things in life, the extra time and effort needed to get an A/C will be rewarded with attaining something special.
Good luck with your search.
MM

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Don't think that's an AC as it's got cream interior and AC's are all black with red piping.

allandwf

Pity the picture of the interior didn't show more. Stopped short of where the plaque would be :/

jluis

Doesn't look like an AC and if it is, the estimate is quite low.
On the other hand, it will need some TLC.

You can see the leather on the dashboard and steering ABS peeling out.
Seems to be a common problem tough, I have that on my dash and will be taking it to a professional to sort out.

alfettafan

1. the look of the car, slightly lower, with the different wheels and interior that contrasts so well with the silver bodywork; and
2. that "limited addition factor", that makes an already special car (I think all 3200's are special and its a real "event" when I see one) even more so!
Ultimately, it will depend how quickly you want to make your purchase, but I would say as with many things in life, the extra time and effort needed to get an A/C will be rewarded with attaining something special.
Good luck with your search.
MM

+1

Richard

I dont know if its a proper AC but I heard the engine is suspect and its a manual and high mileage. Probably why its up for auction

Yeti

Just back from the States, so will be starting my search anew. maybe an AC isn't the way to go. Buy a cheaper 3200 and pay to sort it where needed

Danny

Don't think that's an AC as it's got cream interior and AC's are all black with red piping.

Hi Dicky,

Perhaps your statement is true for RHD versions, but for LHD there are many, many examples of AC's that have different colour combinations (incl piping):

0209839159006.jpg

0209839159008.jpg

0209839159012.jpg

0202915066001.jpg

0202915066003.jpg

0202915066005.jpg

0202915066008.jpg

0201366261003.jpg

0201366261008.jpg

0201366261013.jpg

0206560836014.jpg

dsc08137c.jpg