Watches again

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
View attachment 46969

Snap Phil, love my Seamaster, it keeps perfect time and isn’t ostentatious, it used to be my daily but the Tag connect has taken its place

How do you like your connect, first gen or the current modular 45?
Personally I find it difficult wearing a normal watch now, after having a smartwatch for the last couple of years.
A couple of weeks ago I forgot my smartphone when I left the house.
When I reached my destination and I realised, I could switch on the 'phone SIM' and my watch was then capable of making and receiving calls, emails, and even txt messages received on the smartphone that was over an hour away at home!

Jkulin

Hi Mike,

I don't wear a watch around the home or office but do when I am out and about and yesterday was the first full day or wearing it.

Its the Modular 45 and I have to admit that I am getting rather attached to it, although it was designed around integration with Android, it works remarkably well with my iPhone.

Although you can't upload contacts or calendar to it, that isn't a problem as it takes everything from your phone anyway.

Texts messages, apps, news, weather notifications etc. this is what I got after enquiring about some of the functions in an email from Tag: -

Unfortunately when paired with an IOS device you cannot interact with the contacts function on the watch and any calendar information can only be pulled from a Gmail account.

I have included below a list of things that you can do when paired to an IOS device.

Once you've paired your TAG Heuer Connected (running Android Wearâ„¢ 2.0) with your iOS iPhone (running 9+), you'll be able to enjoy:

Google Play Storeâ„¢ access
You'll have access to the Google Play Store directly from the TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45mm and the TAG Heuer Connected 46mm, so you can install new apps and watch faces using your watch. To access the Google Play Store, log in or register with your Google account first.

Wi-Fi - Bluetooth
iOS users will have access to the watch's Wi-Fi function. You can get social media, email and apps notifications directly to your watch, and you can search online too.
You can also connect your watch to bluetooth devices such as headset, HRM monitor and many others.

Apps
As an iOS user, you can enjoy a range of pre-loaded apps: Fit, Translate, Android Pay*, Google Play Music, Torch, Alarm, Timer and Stopwatch. You can download more through the Google Play Store.

Notifications
You can see notifications, including applications notifications (make sure you enable the "show in notification center" on your iPhone) and reply to your Gmail after enabling "rich e-mail cards" in the settings of Android Wear app.

Voice commands
iOS users can use voice command for the following apps:
• Calculator
• Dictionary
• Calendar
• Weather
• Step count
• Alarm
• Timer
• Stopwatch
• Reminders
iOS users can also use voice commands to:
• Open an app
• Start a bike ride, run or workout
• Take a note

Android Pay*: Currently available in the US and UK

It might not do everything that yours can do, but there again that's what my phone was for.

I have to admit that whilst in the gents yesterday it was rather alarming to have an alert by vibration on my wrist whilst having a leak, the imagination of what you could do with that doesn't bear a thought :)

One of the things they never mentioned is that when in your car, it will control your music automatically, that was an unexpected surprise.

I'm finding it very comfortable and although it is a big watch it feels remarkably light.

So far it's a thumbs up, but the £900 for the ceramic strap and a further £1050 for the fittings is taking the pish a bit, well a bloody lot!

Ryandoc

My weapons of choice. 50th anniversary speedmaster and ceramic Sea Dweller.

Both fantastic pieces and now to be family heirlooms.
Sea Dweller pulled at heart strings for a year, tried it on, tried it on again 6 months later, went back in a couple months later was sold, gutted, put my name down and they got one in from another shop that same week. Done deal, that’s was all in 2016.

If I was flush my next choice would be a ceramic speedmaster dark side of the moon.

NAB3Aml.jpg

hoawRia.jpg

8OKne6f.jpg

MrPea

42mm Rose Gold Cartier Ballon Bleu
Bought in memeor if my father - worn every day

https://flic.kr/p/22tLQ1u
That's pretty!

I only have one watch for now and shall have to wait until I'm not under flat light to take a pic. It's a rose gold cased Longines Grande Classique with mother of pearl face and princess cut diamond number dots and a black leather strap (originally gloss black alligator but that wasn't very robust).
I don't mind that it's quartz because it's so thin and light that I don't feel I'm wearing it and my shirt cuff just slides over it.
My next watch will either be something dual time (saw a rather interesting Rado recently) or something with moon phase.

outrun

Ryandoc - I see you're not wearing shoes for that photos. In fact I see no sign of any clothing. I'm not sure this is that kind of forum.

:)

Ryandoc

Haha, well spotted. I was in fact wearing ‘comfies’. And that’s the bairns bedroom as you can tell by the baby wipes on the floor.
Think I put the watches on then got distracted lol

FF1078

Ryandoc - I see you're not wearing shoes for that photos. In fact I see no sign of any clothing. I'm not sure this is that kind of forum.

:)

How do people actually notice things like this?
I'd be hopeless as a detective

outrun

Haha, well spotted. I was in fact wearing ‘comfies’. And that’s the bairns bedroom as you can tell by the baby wipes on the floor.
Think I put the watches on then got distracted lol

Naked man with two watches and a packet of baby wipes. This is shaping into quite the episode of Bergerac...