Maserati 4200 Cambiocorsa Facelift (MY05) for sale.

gingeh721

The time has come to sell my Maserati and I would like to see it go to a forum member, and keep it in the family. My personal circumstances have changed and I must now sell the car and buy something with foundations not wheels.

Vehicle first registered on 17/09/04 @ JCT600, with 4 owners from new. I purchased the car on 28/02/14 @ Richard Grace Cars Ltd, with 59900 miles.

Vehicle details:
Nero carbonio with grigio leather, Nero carpets, dash top and door cards with bianco stitching.

Spec includes: rear parking sensors, cruise control, sat nav, GSM phone, electric folding heated door mirrors and electric heated seats. 4300k xenons are also currently fitted to improve lighting output and a discrete Parrot MKi9100 bluetooth device for bluetooth calls and music streaming.

The car has been prepared for sale which includes an MOT, full pre-sale inspection, any outstanding jobs rectified, full fluids and filter service, paint correction and alloy wheel reconditioning, new discs and pads all round and new rear tie rods, at PK Supercars where the car is being kept in the showroom. The car has also had recent Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres (6mm Front / 8mm rear) and both bumpers resprayed so they have no stone chips.

Service history:

06/01/06 JCT600 @ 13501 miles

01/03/07 JCT600 @ 21635 miles

05/03/08 JCT600 @ 30676 miles

21/01/09 JCT600 @ 30821 miles

26/07/10 Graypaul Nottingham @ 37793 miles

21/10/10 Shiltech @ 42384 miles

14/10/11 Shiltech @ 46146 miles

14/09/12 Shiltech @ 52865 miles

16/10/13 Strastone @ 58574 miles

15/08/14 Bowker @ 68940 miles

06/07/15 PK Supercars @ 80400 miles

Other Work:

Prior to 20/08/10 @ 41121: front lower suspension arm, OSR wishbone, steering rack, handbrake cables, passenger seat motor, clutch and spigot bearings, A/C modifications inside the dash.

24/05/12 - Paint correction @ D2 Detailing

30/10/12 - Clutch - Autoshield @ 54500 miles

15/08/14 - Lambda sensors @ 68940 miles

13/10/14 - Track rod ends and gaiters @ 74259 miles

16/10/14 - Metallic 200 cell sports cats with SM un-silenced X pipe.

06/11/14 - F1 Clutch Pipe - Emblem @ 75079 miles

09/01/15 - F1 Pump - Bowker @ 77157 miles

Other work done in my ownership include: external temperature sensor, cooling fans speed relay, F1 pump relay, battery, spark plugs (Denso Iridium), brake pedal sensor, brake wear indicator sensor, brake reservoir cap, interior chrome vents, air conditioning control panel, new slam panel info sticker, front and rear bumper respray to rectify stone chips, MAF sensor, coolant temperature sensor, crankshaft sensor, front tyres x 2, rear tyres x 4.

Please do not be put off by the mileage on the car. I have used the car as a GT car to drive around Britain and France. The car has mainly been used on long distance drives throughout England, Wales, Scotland and to Brittany in France, primarily on 800+ mile return journeys between Edinburgh and Hertfordshire / Wiltshire. This is exactly what the car was built for. I have tried to provide all the relevant details but please contact me if you require any other information.

The car was previously owned by 'Cossington', a member of the Sports Maserati forum and possible another forum member including myself.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438345218.326001.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1438345229.659046.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1438345239.459773.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1438345257.264103.jpg

Please call Phil at PK Supercars on 07951 467223 for any other details and viewing, or PM me for any details.

Last edited:

highlander

i knew you planned this but having not seen her advertised, I thought you might have changed your mind. she has been well cared for and looks lovely, wish you well with the move to "foundations" ;)

Cossington

Good to see my old car, again. I enjoyed owning it for 2 years.
It looks like it has been exercised plenty over the past few years - good on yer.

I currently have a DB9 and keep comparing the two cars - I hanker after the internal space and the torque the 4200 had (and no doubt still does) - it seemed to give more of a kick in the back than the Aston does. The Aston is far more refined at cruising speeds, though.

Good luck with the sale.

David

gingeh721

Thanks David. It's definitely been about since I've owned it. I agree with the kick statement! It's even faster since the 200 cell cats and x-pipe were put on.

I'll miss the car but it was never a long term investment, just something I had to do whilst I was able to. It is gleaming and has been well looked after. It will make its new owner very happy and provide big smiles for years to come.

gingeh721

The Masser is now sold A big thanks to Phil at PK Supercars who prepped the car for sale and helped find me a buyer.

I thoroughly recommend Phil who is a pleasure to do business with, helpful, and very knowledgable when it comes to these cars.

I will keep an eye out for the car around Edinburgh, or was that an ear!? All the best to the new owner who now has one seriously gleaming car.

I will miss the looks, power, sounds and all the rest that comes with Maserati ownership and it has been a great experience over the last 18 months. Time to move on though after my 21k miles of Italian V8 fun.

gingeh721

Thanks guys. I am both happy and gutted at the same time. It did look spectacular for its sale. Lots of memories to look back on though and i can say that I did it.

Last edited:

D Walker

Not totally sure on your "circumstances" but I am guessing you are preparing for " civvy" life, you will never be a "civilian" by the way. Once you have ot to grips with it you will be back I am sure!

Good luck mate!!

gingeh721

Correct. I'm on termination leave now. I'm looking forward to a new life but won't forget my roots .

You never know, I'm car mad. .

Thanks mate.

Angelus

Seen the car when I was in there last week, had initially thought it was underpriced as it looked very well prepared, but I guess you wanted a quick sale. Hope things go well for you and hope you get another soon.

D Walker

Correct. I'm on termination leave now. I'm looking forward to a new life but won't forget my roots .

You never know, I'm car mad. .

Thanks mate.
Good luck, I have officially been out 7 years in a couple of weeks. TBH, even though I loved the life I have never looked back or missed it.
Dave

gingeh721

Seen the car when I was in there last week, had initially thought it was underpriced as it looked very well prepared, but I guess you wanted a quick sale. Hope things go well for you and hope you get another soon.

I did want a quick sale but it was the mileage at 80400 miles that made me price it there, and that was more than I initially priced it at. Mileage puts people off buying cars and you only need to look at the classifieds to see how much it affects sales. Crazy really.

Last edited:

gingeh721

Good luck, I have officially been out 7 years in a couple of weeks. TBH, even though I loved the life I have never looked back or missed it.
Dave

Thanks mate. I'm glad you are doing well. I just need a civi routine and a job in rope access and NDT and it will all be good.

D Walker

Thanks mate. I'm glad you are doing well. I just need a civi routine and a job in rope access and NDT and it will all be good.

Have you anything lined up? It is quite saturated in that field with Ex Mil.
Have you joined "REME on the Rigs" on FB?

gingeh721

I'm not on FB mate. I am speaking with a couple of companies and I'm also looking at anything to do with rope access in general, met mast technician and wind turbine tech on and offshore. Trying to keep all options open.