Silver 07 4200cc on auto trader

snazza

Hello chaps, been a while since I last posted here ......

I have been looking at 4200s again and have just seen this

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ake/MASERATI/model/COUPE/sort/atcustom/page/1

Looks great value on the surface.......however I would like to get the forums collective advice if I may?

I have spoken to the dealer , and he has been kind enough to send through copy's of the service stamps/V5 and clear HPI certificate etc etc......this is where things get a little 'murky'.....

The last service was just over 5k miles ago.....but was conducted in March 2013 by a garage I have never heard associated with Maserati - or any Italian marque come to that - Juniper services?? - however, prior to that it was all main dealer (stratstone then Lancaster).

He doesn't seem to have any invoices for work carried out, although says he is going to phone around tomorrow to see if he can get me more details .

Wondered if any of you knew anything about this one?.....or could offer any advice?

For info the Reg is MX07 CYV

Many thanks

Snaz

safrane

Price looks good as you say...but a full inspection required.

So many of these cars get put away for a year or fwo or have such low use owners just don't service them.

Will be bard to get any history from Maserati they tend to sight DPA for some daft reason and won't even send you redacted copies.

A major service should get it right.

rockits

Very keenly priced I would say for a facelift 2007 car even with 62k miles. I am guessing it won't be mint or close to but is cheap enough to allow for that. One of the cheapest later facelift 4200's I've seen. Or am I missing something?

rockits

I guess the hole in documentation & history will count against it.

How many owners?

Does that look like a blue interior I see lurking?

snazza

It's a black leather interior ......and has had 4 owners ....

Hoping the old adage of looking too good to be true doesn't hold......

nfm

Difficult to tell from the photos but are there several shades of silver going on? Probably not but obviously one more thing to check.

Andyk

A good price for a face lift...as above get it insoected and see what comes up.....Lots of these cars now may not be serviced every year and 2 year gap with 5k completed wouldn't be a concern to me if the price was right and the inspection was clean...Go in eyes open and it could be good one....Or not