Please no one buy this terrible GS

MrCoop

Welcome Philip and good luck with the search. Took me nearly a year, not because there weren't any cars that I liked but more because I didn't act quick enough or with any conviction. If I've learnt anything, it's that if you see one you like and it is a decent car and you're happy with the price, just buy it or you'll find someone else will and you'll miss out. Happened three times to me, which is why I bought this car within a week of it coming back on for sale.

And I'd also recommend you speaking with Richard Grace. Top bloke and very helpful and he knows the cars. With all the help he gave me over the past year, I wish I could have bought a car from him to repay his help...

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Philip. Not sure where you're based but if you want a recommendation in the south Nuvola is also most excellent. Nareman Virk is the man there and I've never dealt with a more honest, decent car dealer.

Happy hunting!

tw9evo

Many thanks for the welcomes and recommendations. Whilst I'm in the south Nuvola seem like a good place to start and whilst not ideal geographically it seems Richard Grace is also a worthy point of contact, given the rarity of these cars I'm obviously prepared to travel for the right car.

Thanks again and look forward to meeting some of you once a car is sorted.

MrCoop

Only the guys from Corby do, a bit unpredictable if they don't get their Irn Bru...

MrCoop

Andy, looks even more stunning in the flesh. Past couple of days, I've taken to sitting in the garage with a beer and just staring. The Med Blu is an absolutely stunning colour and is quite mesmerising. Each contour of the car throws off a different shade of blue. I'm so glad that I held out for the Med Blu and didn't compromise with the Rosso or the Nero. Nuvolari was originally at the top of my wish list but I now think the Med is even nicer....biased opinion of course...

D Walker

Andy, looks even more stunning in the flesh. Past couple of days, I've taken to sitting in the garage with a beer and just staring. The Med Blu is an absolutely stunning colour and is quite mesmerising. Each contour of the car throws off a different shade of blue. I'm so glad that I held out for the Med Blu and didn't compromise with the Rosso or the Nero. Nuvolari was originally at the top of my wish list but I now think the Med is even nicer....biased opinion of course...

I will 2nd that - in no way biased of course!!

Contigo

Sponsor
Best colour for me, felt the same after seeing Nikos' fantastic motor in Athens a year or two ago.

Andyk

I look forward to seeing here in the flesh of we meet down Swindon way...

MrCoop

To be honest Dave, I haven't really thought about it. It's very close to the family hols away and I'm sure I wouldn't be Mr Favourite if I spent a whole day at Brunty when I should have been helping with the packing!

rockits

Get a room you lot . Glad we have Benny to interject with some harshness every now and again.....Benny......

Coop...maybe too many beers have caused the mesmerizing stares! It is a nice colour....second to Nuvolari of course

Andyk

To be honest Dave, I haven't really thought about it. It's very close to the family hols away and I'm sure I wouldn't be Mr Favourite if I spent a whole day at Brunty when I should have been helping with the packing!

COme on Coops you know you want to and we do have places available...Even if you come for half day if would be great to see you.......

MrCoop

Just had the car serviced and Ed, the mechanic, said that it's one of the nicest, best maintained examples he'd seen in quite a while. Now, good chance he's blowing smoke up my a$$ but nevertheless, I left the garage feeling pretty smug!

We'd had a fair few people over at the house last night, and I'd not told any of them that I'd bought the Maser. One of the young kids went into the garage and before I know it, there's about 30 people stood around the car admiring it. As much as I was loving the attention, I was hating all the greasy fingers fondling my car.

StuartW

Get used to admiring glances, even if the greasy fingers should stay in their pockets next time!

GeoffCapes

Just had the car serviced and Ed, the mechanic, said that it's one of the nicest, best maintained examples he'd seen in quite a while. Now, good chance he's blowing smoke up my a$$ but nevertheless, I left the garage feeling pretty smug!

We'd had a fair few people over at the house last night, and I'd not told any of them that I'd bought the Maser. One of the young kids went into the garage and before I know it, there's about 30 people stood around the car admiring it. As much as I was loving the attention, I was hating all the greasy fingers fondling my car.

I did tell ya not to buy it! :jptongue: