D Walker - War chest evaporated!!!

MAF260

Congratulations Dave and welcome to the ownership experience. Looks like a lovely car (does Dicky sell anything else?!) which is quite unique. Proof that waiting for the right car pays off.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
and a telephone interface which is integrated - not sure it will get used though as you have to insert your sim into a credit card affair which slides into a unit.

Just buy a pay as you go sim card.
Get one that comes mounted in the plastic credit card, that you normally push out to insert into your phone.
Don't push out the SIM though, just slide the whole lot into the armrest slot, they are all made to a standard so the SIM is mounted in the right place.
The built in phone is very good, strong signal strength, txt messages etc.
Just divert your phone to it when you are driving it, and record your answer machine message as 'This is Dave's Maserati, i'm currently not been driven at the moment, but please leave a message for when Dave is back in the driving seat, thankyou!":thumb1:

D Walker

Just buy a pay as you go sim card.
Get one that comes mounted in the plastic credit card, that you normally push out to insert into your phone.
Don't push out the SIM though, just slide the whole lot into the armrest slot, they are all made to a standard so the SIM is mounted in the right place.
The built in phone is very good, strong signal strength, txt messages etc.
Just divert your phone to it when you are driving it, and record your answer machine message as 'This is Dave's Maserati, i'm currently not been driven at the moment, but please leave a message for when Dave is back in the driving seat, thankyou!":thumb1:

Thank you - Really appreciate this Forum - I would have just made do!!!

D Walker

Thanks for all the kind words - just need to sort insurance - have taken Friday off to go and collect.

Dave

amyzoe

Love it Dave,best of both 4200 and gransport,just find some gransport alloys and that would make me really jealous

safrane

Ohhh have to disagree... GS alloys would spoil the ride, crack too easy and due to the higher ride height look odd...best to just change the front grill for a GS one.

D Walker

Lol- I had to smash the kids piggy banks open to pay for this. Any mods will be a while off.. I like it as it is at the moment..

hodroyd

Dave,
Well done mate, excellent car, looks a minter and GS seats are a bonus, enjoy..!!
Cheers
R

DaveT

Dicky was telling me about your car yesterday. Says its a beauty.

Enjoy the big day!