D Walker - War chest evaporated!!!

D Walker

Hi guys - as most are aware I have been looking for a year or so. Inquired or expressed an interest in some cars while finding my feet etc etc. Well I finally put my size 7's in.

I got an email on Tuesday from Dicky along the lines of below( I have kept in touch and he had an idea what I was looking for)

Dave,

I've a Facelift 4200 which I'm currently having checked and serviced at Autoshield.

2006MY (55 plate)
33000 miles
Blu Mediterraneo
Blu Scuro interior
Heated seats
Xenons
Rev sensors
Nav

The interior is a full Gransport interior which I've never seen before but there are apparently two others in the UK. It's got a full factory carbon fibre pack too (door trims, whole of the centre console, steering wheel, £3500 option). Poltrona Frau perforated leather upgrade to the Gransport bucket seats. It's been serviced by Autoshield for 6 years and is absolutely faultless to drive. Clutch has 66% remaining measured today. Let me know your thoughts or give me a bell if you wish. Sorry I've no pics as yet.

So after a bit of research regarding colour etc I expressed a positive interest and request for some pics, which hopefully I have attached (plus a couple I took today) image1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage7.jpgimage1.jpgMas Internet2.jpgMas Internet3.jpgMas Internet4.jpg

After receiving the pics I text SWMBO and laid the law down - If it drives as good as Dicky says then I am having it. Test drove it today and it was as sweet as a nut. No rattles, shakes etc, revs to high heaven and clutch pulls like a cart horse on steroids..

I am chuffed - you might be able to tell - My patience has been rewarded and I must point out Dicky has been great for well over a year with advice etc and I have to say the buying experience has been totally painless.

After the test drive he said - I will give you 2 a bit of time for a think - My reply - No need - Sold, Signed and delivered.

Dave

Andyk

Well done Dave...Well worth the wait then mate.....Lovely car...

Just a question....the interior looks like 4200 to me so when you say full GS do you mean it has the seats and some of the carbon....?....The centre tunnel is different on a GS to the 4200 and yours looks like a 4200. The GS has the gear thingy lower down......Either way Dave it's an absolute cracking car you have there and I bet you are well pleased....Now get your name on the Brunty list ;-)

Trev Latter

Congratulations on a great choice. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Now awaiting first drive report after you stop grinning.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Thanks for the mention Dave, Andy, it's Gransport seats and door cards, the rest is 4200, never seen one before. Proper lovely car, drives like new.

D Walker

Well done Dave...Well worth the wait then mate.....Lovely car...

Just a question....the interior looks like 4200 to me so when you say full GS do you mean it has the seats and some of the carbon....?....The centre tunnel is different on a GS to the 4200 and yours looks like a 4200. The GS has the gear thingy lower down......Either way Dave it's an absolute cracking car you have there and I bet you are well pleased....Now get your name on the Brunty list ;-)

Not sure Andy - but ir=ts different to any others I have seen - will do some better photos when I have it my mits!

D Walker

Andy - what's the dates again - Is there still accomodation available - not sure about track driving though but I am game - if a bit slow!

drewf

8th August, and there are plenty of slow drivers, so don't worry about that :)

Andyk

Thanks for the mention Dave, Andy, it's Gransport seats and door cards, the rest is 4200, never seen one before. Proper lovely car, drives like new.

Me neither Dicky......I know on the last 4200's the Gransport seats were an option along with the wheels as well.......A lovely example........You certainly get the best cars Dicky......

MrCoop

Great stuff Dave, well done mate. And it's a beauty, well worth waiting for I bet?!

Andyk

(Andy - what's the dates again - Is there still accomodation available - not sure about track driving though but I am game - if a bit slow!)

It's not so much a normal track day.....It's a charity event and great fun.......You get to take your car on track for free and take paying punters around with you....

We have 30 coming this year so shows you how well its received on here.......Doesn't matter if you haven't been on track or if you go on every week. It's the pace you want to go at...

Have a look at the Brunty thread in events and it tells you all...Accommodation is available the night before with discount and the night after if you need it as we are looking to have a meal after the event for those who want it. You can go on track as little ar as much as you like...One SM is only doing 1 30 min session in the morning so there is no pressure.....I guarantee you will love it and it's a real family event.

conaero

Forum Owner
Never seen a 4200 with factory GS bits on before, still learning something new.

Well done Dave, lovely colour.

safrane

Its a good job you bought it or I would have swapped my GS for that.

FWIW I have seen a powder blue 4200 with the GS Seats and Door Cards and that was for sale about three years ago.

D Walker

Thanks Guys,
I am slightly chuffed - was going to pick up a week Monday but not sure I can wait,
Andy - Spoke to SWMBO - apparently we have a weekend camping booked for 7,8,9 August - I am trying the puppy eyes look so leave it with me - I would do both nights and perhaps an hour or 2 in the morning and afternoon,
Would be good to hook up with you guys and put faces to names.
Dave

D Walker

Great stuff Dave, well done mate. And it's a beauty, well worth waiting for I bet?!

I certainly think so - In my preferred colour, I was a bit wary of interior but it does have a light roof lining but in the flesh it is really good and the leather is super soft and showing no wear at all.. Some of the others I have looked at with lighter leather have had a lot of wear on drivers bolster. This has next to nothing.

Rwc13

Gorgeous car Dave. I saw it at Autoshield the other day. Looked fantastic. I didn't used to be much of a Blu Scurro interior fan............until I got a GS Spyder with it. Big fan now, and it does seem to wear incredibly well