Gold Spyder

Andyk

I'm a little bias as it's my QP Andyk isn't fussed on but I'd take this over a black car with a black interior and black wheels any day.

ARFA, isn't there two in this colour ... yours and damage repaired car...?.......

Ewan

I like it. Sounds better if you describe it as "champagne" as opposed to "gold". The "Jewish racing gold" often seen on big Mercs in the 70's and 80's was quite a lot darker.

And as a general rule with 4200 Spyders, buy as late a model as you can as they got better and better. I'd avoid the 02 car you mention in the other thread Geoff. You'll be able to find a nice 03 or 04 car for less than £20k.

mike1

The official colour is quartz dolomite. I owned this car for a couple of years before selling it in 2011. If anyone is interested in buying it I would check the mileage.

Mike1

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
A 'gold/champagne' 3200 a saw last weekend.
Wouldn't be my choice but don't dislike either!

Attachments

• DSC_0222.jpg
    DSC_0222.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0221.jpg
    DSC_0221.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 6

Arfa

Quartzo dolomite is a marmite colour but a bit like Fuji White needs the sunshine for it to be seen at it's best where the silver and pink flakes in the gold stand out. I've bought my car twice so must love it but do prefer the blue/cream interior to the tan.
IMG_0341.jpgIMG_0337.jpg

highlander

Once you move out of the "comfort zone" of black, silver, red and blue then IMO colour becomes more of a personal choice preference as part of the whole package than it does with the CZ colours. I suppose what I'm saying is it is easy to live with a colour that you know will have popular appeal and therefore easy to move on, to pick a non CZ colour you have to like it for what it is. This colour would not be high on my pick list, but that is from photos which never do colour justice IMO, you have to see colour in the flesh to appreciate the subtler tones......Fuji would be the best example of this I've seen. Just looked like any other white out there to me in photos but when I seen it in the flesh in sunshine, wow. My head now permanently turned!
Personally I never thought I'd ever own a green car, far too old man oxfordy by my mind then, but once I seen Marci in the flesh I knew that colour was for me, maybe not for everyone i agree, but loving a colour for what it is, is what sometimes happens when you dare to step out the CZ........

BL330

Good points Greg, and there is also an economic tie to certain colours being popular.
I read an article once how certain colours in cars reflected the mood of society.
In prosperous times like Australia in the 1970's, lairy colours such as gold, purple, lime green were considered a good choice.
For quite a while we've been stuck with greys, silver, black as popular reflections of the times.
Anyway, food for thought.

outrun

Like Matt and Phil, I love it. Would have that in a heartbeat, subject to mileage check.

G

Guest 1678

Filth - I really like that, if I had the spare cash that would be in the garage. You've gotta love a marmite car.

Arfa

ARFA, isn't there two in this colour ... yours and damage repaired car...?.......
Actually Andy now I've had time to think about this I think you're right. I seem to recollect seeing some pictures on here or at least a link.