Very Nice 4200 CC

GeoffCapes

Thats interesting. I thought I had seen it before. It was for sale when I was looking in April. Its done 2000 miles since then. That's a fair few test drives or its being used by the owner / staff at the dealer or perhaps its been sold and come back again for some reason.

It was sold by Mole Valley (apparently) to a bloke near Manchester. They bought it back (apparently).
There and back is 600 miles. 1400 miles driven by a new owner.

Something smells a bit fishy.....

StuartW

It was sold by Mole Valley (apparently) to a bloke near Manchester. They bought it back (apparently).
There and back is 600 miles. 1400 miles driven by a new owner.

Something smells a bit fishy.....

The only way to find out is to go & have a look at it for yourself and inspect the ownership & service history that they have. If you like it, negotiate a price subject to indie inspection and if it checks out, go from there.

For me, buying a used car is a bit like buying a house - I get a gut feeling when I first go and see the car and it usually rings true.

Good luck however it turns out

Contigo

Sponsor
Get an inspection it really does save you lots of money in the long run. Anything else is a false economy.

GeoffCapes

The only way to find out is to go & have a look at it for yourself and inspect the ownership & service history that they have. If you like it, negotiate a price subject to indie inspection and if it checks out, go from there.

For me, buying a used car is a bit like buying a house - I get a gut feeling when I first go and see the car and it usually rings true.

Good luck however it turns out

Will give them a bell tomorrow. The only problem I have now is that after my trip to Liverpool today I've so much work on, I don't know when I'm going to be able to see it. :(

This weekend is out, next week is super busy. Next weekend up to my parents. Doh!

spkennyuk

Will give them a bell tomorrow. The only problem I have now is that after my trip to Liverpool today I've so much work on, I don't know when I'm going to be able to see it. :(

This weekend is out, next week is super busy. Next weekend up to my parents. Doh!

Is there anyone local from SM that can go and give it a once over in the meantime. Might save you a trip if its a non starter. If it checks out you could possibly negotiate a price subject to a proper inspection. Just a thought.

GeoffCapes

There's an idea.
However, I might be able to get down there next Saturday if I juggle a few bit before going off to the 'rents!