Properly Maintained 4200 for sale

safrane

Nice looking car.

£28k on maintenance...twice the value of the car,..makes you realise they are not cheap to run.

Wattie

Properly maintained alright........not for the faint hearted.....
Mental money on an old car....personally that puts me off ownership, it's never let you down but you've almost rebuilt it!!!!!!
Cheers Wattie

MAF260

I'm sure most of our cars have had small fortunes spent on them without realising just how much. In my experience a series of bills over a few years gets completely overlooked as running costs. A big bill is noticeable and painful, but to me is soon forgotten - this happens in cycles until I sell a car and look back through the paperwork to use the results of my diminished bank balance as a good selling point! My old 3200 still exists with a forum member - I'm sure he still has a large sheaf of invoices detailing the cost of lavishing the car with everything she ever needed, plus a few things I thought she needed!

BP72

It seems a lot until you look at the rate of depreciation for most new prestige vehicles. That's how I justify it to myself anyway!

I suspect the next owner will have a substantially easier time of it than me but nobody should kid themselves that you can run these cars on a shoestring - not if you like them to be running right anyway.

jayblue

It seems a lot until you look at the rate of depreciation for most new prestige vehicles. That's how I justify it to myself anyway!

That is how i look at it too. I'd rather spend money running a special car than loose the same amount in depreciation driving an ordinary one.

Good luck with the sale.

Ewan

Looks nice. But for only a little more there are currently two very nice GS for sale. In my opinion, a 2005 GS at circa £18k is a better buy than a 2003 4200 at circa £15k.

BP72

I take your point Ewan and somebody that wants a GS will probably always consider it 'second best'. I prefer the more subtle lines of the 4200 and to get an £18k GS up to the standard of this would be £18k + £££££££££££££££££££ anyway!!!!!

As Wattie said, my vehicle has largely been rebuilt. It is probably 'newer' overall than even the latest registered cars.

Anyway, enough sales pitch. :blushed:

Gp79

I think 'no expense spared' is a better way to advertise.

Even as a current owner I am quite surprised / shocked at those costs over a 5 year period, so to someone new to the idea of a maserati it would surely make them think twice if it is really worth it.