2009 QP Sport GTS 28k !!!

Fat Arnie

There was one of these I looked at in April - also low £30k's, and 52K miles. It was near Preston back then. Pretty untidy - the leading edge of the rear wheelarches were really badly stonechipped, the radio had had a pen rammed in the USB port, the rubber trims around the rear door windows were loose and one had corrosion underneath. The drivers seat bolster was badly worn. I walked away. It was at the time registered as 29LL and had been used as a private limo. The spec was identical, and given the scarcity of these I suspect we are looking at the same one here.

bigbob

These cars pick up very bad stone chips on the sills/rear arches. You could fix it but it would be the same again in under a year.

Fat Arnie

Spoke to the dealer. It is the same car as the one I saw. previously registered 29LL.

The Infotainment system worked when I viewed it, but someone had stuffed a key or pen in the front USB port rendering it useless if you wanted to connect an Ipod or upload MP3s.

My neighbour has a 60k mile QP. No chips on the sills/rear arches on his car. This car was really badly chipped and corrosion was evident. Drivers seat needed repair - the bolster and the beading on the edge of the drivers seat was badly frayed.

There were also marks on the rear bumper and around the front grill.

That all said, I drove it and it actually drove fine. I got the dealer selling it in Leeds down to £31k without much effort, but decided that was still too much for a car in need of so much remediation to make it great again.

ChrisQP09

The QP and more so the GTS (lower ride) Variant collect a lot of stone damage at the rear bumper.

bigbob

Spoke to the dealer. It is the same car as the one I saw. previously registered 29LL.

The Infotainment system worked when I viewed it, but someone had stuffed a key or pen in the front USB port rendering it useless if you wanted to connect an Ipod or upload MP3s.

My neighbour has a 60k mile QP. No chips on the sills/rear arches on his car. This car was really badly chipped and corrosion was evident. Drivers seat needed repair - the bolster and the beading on the edge of the drivers seat was badly frayed.

There were also marks on the rear bumper and around the front grill.

That all said, I drove it and it actually drove fine. I got the dealer selling it in Leeds down to £31k without much effort, but decided that was still too much for a car in need of so much remediation to make it great again.

I guess it depends on roads and weather plus also colour is an issue but when dealers look at QPV/GranTurismo they are looking at road rash all over - can be a big factor.

Andyk

Let's not forget this car is not up for the same money as the others for sale. It's 12k cheaper for a reason. It was up last week for 29k with the infotainment issue. If that has been fixed and the rest is cosmetic then surely it wouldn't cost 12k to put right. But then we know it looks unloved and would you take the chance.

ChrisQP09

Let's not forget this car is not up for the same menu as the others for sale. It's 12k cheaper for a reason. It was up last week for 29k with the infotainment issue. If that has been fixed and the rest is cosmetic then surely it wouldn't cost 12k to put right. But then we know it looks unloved and would you take the chance.

Mechnically, if a MD assessment said its fine, the car would need 1-2k to put right in terms of cosmetics (stripping, respray most affected panels etc). 28k car max IMO.

Fat Arnie

The seller says he is not aware of the car ever having any cosmetic issues, so sounds like they were fixed before he got it. Its been passed around the trade a fair bit since I looked at it.

Andyk

I would have thought it had been sorted body work wish by the dealer who had it before this one as they sold some very lovely stock,,, So just the infotainment to sort if it hasn't been done....