New Member. Just purchased a 06 Quattroporte

HI there! Just purchased myself a late 2006 Quattroporte in the dark grey (dont know offical name) with Beige leather, covered 54,000 miles.
I need to do a couple of minor bits to get it to perfect that maybe you kind people could advise on.

Dash comes up Parking sensor fault? (sensor faulty perhaps, is there a common problem?)
Sat Nav disc is missing, where can I get a copy disc from?
1 of the 2 keys the remote case is damaged, any aftermarket manufacture or is this just a main dealer part only
Needs front pads. What about EBC reds?

Also 2 tyres are low and 2 wheels are in need of a referb. Was thinking about upgrading to the later GT 20" (Neptune is it?) style wheels, anyone have a used set for sale? If I do find some I will be selling my standard 19" ones if anyone is interested? Happy to have them refurbished first?

I appreciate any suggestions / comments / help

Attachments

• quattroporte.jpg
    quattroporte.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 7

jluis

Welcome to the fold and congrats on your purchase.

EBC reds have a reputation for being bad for road use.
They need to be warmed up to be any good.

As for the rest, wait for QP owners to pitch in.

drewf

HI there! Just purchased myself a late 2006 Quattroporte in the dark grey (dont know offical name) with Beige leather, covered 54,000 miles.
I need to do a couple of minor bits to get it to perfect that maybe you kind people could advise on.

Dash comes up Parking sensor fault? (sensor faulty perhaps, is there a common problem?)
Sat Nav disc is missing, where can I get a copy disc from?
1 of the 2 keys the remote case is damaged, any aftermarket manufacture or is this just a main dealer part only
Needs front pads. What about EBC reds?

Also 2 tyres are low and 2 wheels are in need of a referb. Was thinking about upgrading to the later GT 20" (Neptune is it?) style wheels, anyone have a used set for sale? If I do find some I will be selling my standard 19" ones if anyone is interested? Happy to have them refurbished first?

I appreciate any suggestions / comments / help

Welcome to the world of QP...

Parking sensor - yes, they fail. From memory it's a BMW part - a search on here will reveal it.

Sat Nav - PM me, I'll sort that for you...

Remote keys - it's common for the paint to chip off. You can buy the cases on eBay and rebuild it yourself.

I've run EBC reds, but now have EBC Yellows on mine. I prefer the yellow...

...and I already have 2 full set of 19" rims like those, so not personally interested, but I daresay they will sell! However, consider retaining them to use as track tyres. That way when you join us at Bruntingthorpe in August (and you do want to - you perhaps just don't know it yet), you won't trash your new 20" tyres :)

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, #32, welcome.

That looks like Girgio Silverstone. Very nice!

Re the parking sensors, they're **** and fail often. I *think* they're quite easily to replace yourself, if you're that way inclined, but don't be tempted to buy cheap ones off eBay. Someone on here may know the identical Alfa part no. (and there surely is one) otherwise Eurospares is a good place to start. You'll need a diagnostics machine to identify which sensor(s) has failed.

As for the keys, they are a perpetual disappointment. Fiat items, iirc. I don't know of any after-market options but it may be worth a trawl round on eBay to see if you can find an old but good condition case you can use as a replacement.

Someone else will surely be along soon to respond on the other points.

Where are you based, by the way?

Hi, #32, welcome.

That looks like Girgio Silverstone. Very nice!

Re the parking sensors, they're **** and fail often. I *think* they're quite easily to replace yourself, if you're that way inclined, but don't be tempted to buy cheap ones off eBay. Someone on here may know the identical Alfa part no. (and there surely is one) otherwise Eurospares is a good place to start. You'll need a diagnostics machine to identify which sensor(s) has failed.

As for the keys, they are a perpetual disappointment. Fiat items, iirc. I don't know of any after-market options but it may be worth a trawl round on eBay to see if you can find an old but good condition case you can use as a replacement.

Someone else will surely be along soon to respond on the other points.

Where are you based, by the way?

Hi Adam, I am based down in Rochester in Kent.
I will search for the thread on the parking sensors Alfa part # thanks oh and thanks for confirming the official colour name.

Welcome to the world of QP...

Parking sensor - yes, they fail. From memory it's a BMW part - a search on here will reveal it.

Sat Nav - PM me, I'll sort that for you...

Remote keys - it's common for the paint to chip off. You can buy the cases on eBay and rebuild it yourself.

I've run EBC reds, but now have EBC Yellows on mine. I prefer the yellow...

...and I already have 2 full set of 19" rims like those, so not personally interested, but I daresay they will sell! However, consider retaining them to use as track tyres. That way when you join us at Bruntingthorpe in August (and you do want to - you perhaps just don't know it yet), you won't trash your new 20" tyres :)

Hi Drewf, the Yellows are the way to go then, and much cheaper than OEM pads. In regards to Bruntingthorpe maybe I should bring my other car, its a little more suited to the track....IMG_5776.jpg

Andyk

A big warm welcome to the forum...QP's are just brilliant hope you enjoy......And yes, yes, yes bring the Gineta to Brunty...That would be brilliant.

ChrisQP09

All the best with it, can't speak for the duo select cars but if the ZF ones are anything to go by, mine hasnt missed a beat.

You'll enjoy the admiration, I would change the grill on your's though and bring it up to date. The 20" alloys are a good touch too!

Gixerboy

Hi & Welcome,

Regarding brake pads I have tried EBC yellow & had a problem with squeal so am currently running EBC heavy duty which is slightly softer material but are quiet & will help disc life. Pads are a bit cheaper too, so can change more frequently

All the best with it, can't speak for the duo select cars but if the ZF ones are anything to go by, mine hasnt missed a beat.

You'll enjoy the admiration, I would change the grill on your's though and bring it up to date. The 20" alloys are a good touch too!

What's the options on the grille? Is it a straight swap for a later model one? I would like a plain matte black concave style one if possible a la Granturismo.

Andyk

What's the options on the grille? Is it a straight swap for a later model one? I would like a plain matte black concave style one if possible a la Granturismo.

Not heard of grille like that one your style QP...YOu can change foe the mesh ones from the GT Exec or Sport GT...Silver or black available....The face lift QP with the concave drille was a different shape to yours.

Not heard of grille like that one your style QP...YOu can change foe the mesh ones from the GT Exec or Sport GT...Silver or black available....The face lift QP with the concave drille was a different shape to yours.

Going to try having the horizontal slats wrapped in a matte black leaving just the out ring and trident in chrome? Anyone done this before?

ChrisQP09

You'll not be able to get the new facelift grille without work to the nose cone and some fiddly bits. You may not get one but they come on Ebay occasionally.

Ewan

I'm looking for a sensibly priced set of 19's for a QP V, so do contact me if/when you want to sell.

I'm looking for a sensibly priced set of 19's for a QP V, so do contact me if/when you want to sell.

If you pm me your email address I will send over some high res pics and tread depths, then make me a sensible offer. Let me know where you are located as well, never know you might be local.