Wanted - Gransport, Nettuno blue

MrCod

First time poster, long time lurker...am on the lookout for a Gransport in nettuno blue...are there many in the UK? Seem to be lost in a sea of silver and black!

Andyk

Hi MrCod and a big warm welcome to the forum.....Great car the GS and yes you are right...a sea of black and silver with a few grey in the mix then a very small splattering of blue so they can be hard to fine in the colour you want but they are out there........

A good place to start is www.richardgracecars.co.uk ..... Dicky is a well respected on here and many members have bought a Maserati from him. If there is a blue nettuno one out there he will be the man in the know. He will probably know how many are in the UK as well...Worth calling him for just a chat.

safrane

Welcome.

As pointed out by others there are very few in blue esp Net.

It could be a significant wait if you are set on that one colour and you may find it's condition, history or milage may not be to your liking.

MrCod

Thanks guys for the welcome and for the advice. I've had my eye on the market for a year now so I see how rarely they come up. Is it too much to ask to find a nettuno blue sub-35,000 mile LE with beige interior? ;)

Andyk

If you find one then the chances are the interior is beige over the other colours...

highlander

Thanks guys for the welcome and for the advice. I've had my eye on the market for a year now so I see how rarely they come up. Is it too much to ask to find a nettuno blue sub-35,000 mile LE with beige interior? ;)

given how rare Masers are to begin with, setting other prerequisites will only decrease the liklihood of what you are looking for coming up for sale.
colour has never been my first priority so personally I would widen to look at other colours and concentrate on condition and history as the priority, these cars can do the miles so a higher than 35k one would not put me off if the condition and history was good.............but that is me!
oh and welcome to the forum!

jayblue

Blu Nettuno is a great colour for the GS and goes really well with a beige interior. When i bought mine off Athol (Outrun) he described it as a the car equivalent of a Hugo Boss suit, which i think describes the colour combination perfectly. As you said very rarely come up for sale though!

Here is a picture of mine from a few weeks ago...

MrCod

nothing like rubbing salt in JB.............lol

So they are out there...

Thanks guys. I know its a tall ask but I'm keen to get something as close to perfect (for me). I don't expect much sympathy putting colour near the top of my list of asks, but I just really, really like how they look in blue!

safrane

I think the <35k miles will shrink the number to chose from to less than a couple of dozen...how many of those will be blue...I have no idea.

jayblue

I am not referring to the OP here but why is it the Maserati market is so sensitive to mileage? I was looking at Audi RS4's and Porshe 911's before i bought my GS and even 100k+ miles cars from those brands held their price strongly and were sought after. Yet there are some lovely well cared for Maserati's for sale with around 70 - 80k on the clock and they don't seem to sell unless they are borderline given away, like people think they will fall apart! What gives? Is it that the market perception is Italian cars are badly built whereas the Germans supposedly build their cars to last?

I don't buy into that one - my BMW was the most unreliable car i have ever had.

VMSRTI

I am not referring to the OP here but why is it the Maserati market is so sensitive to mileage? I was looking at Audi RS4's and Porshe 911's before i bought my GS and even 100k+ miles cars from those brands held their price strongly and were sought after. Yet there are some lovely well cared for Maserati's for sale with around 70 - 80k on the clock and they don't seem to sell unless they are borderline given away, like people think they will fall apart! What gives? Is it that the market perception is Italian cars are badly built whereas the Germans supposedly build their cars to last?

I don't buy into that one - my BMW was the most unreliable car i have ever had.

Ferraris with high miles also suffer in deppreciation. I guess the perception is that these cars are expensive to maintain and the more miles they have had the more likely something (expensive) will be needing to be replaced.

GeoffCapes

Blu Nettuno is a great colour for the GS and goes really well with a beige interior. When i bought mine off Athol (Outrun) he described it as a the car equivalent of a Hugo Boss suit, which i think describes the colour combination perfectly. As you said very rarely come up for sale though!

Here is a picture of mine from a few weeks ago...

Looks rubbish! :jptongue::jptongue::jptongue:

ChrisQP09

Ferraris with high miles also suffer in deppreciation. I guess the perception is that these cars are expensive to maintain and the more miles they have had the more likely something (expensive) will be needing to be replaced.

I often wonder is it perception or are our cars really delicate, much less than Lambo/Ferrari but vulnerable nonetheless?

I remember my cls 55's Sensotronic braking system was "pre-programmed" to fail at 200,000 brake presses. Scandalous but the system was intended for the SLS so Merc envisioned that owners would not be driving that often haha.

outrun

I'm pleased that you're enjoying it Jay. I've still got a bonnet badge for you somewhere in my desk.