Wanted - Gransport, Nettuno blue

jayblue

I'm pleased that you're enjoying it Jay. I've still got a bonnet badge for you somewhere in my desk.

Yep still loving the car and looking forward to my Supersprint decat pipes coming in the next few weeks. It won't sound quite as good as your old silver car but they should add some extra spice to the noise.

On the bonnet badge i needed some other stuff from eurospares so I got one and fitted it already! The old one really had seen better days by the time I removed it.

MrCod

I've been reading around the forums on GSs and come across a couple that have got me thinking about whether a 4200 might more easily fit the bill for me. I'm well aware of their failings as compared to a GS, but for probably £12k less for the same sort of car....I haven't driven both and only had the briefest of drives of a GS so I'm not really in a position to compare. I'd be using it as a weekend car, for long-ish drives mostly.

Have just spotted this one http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201505073251687/. Would be grateful for thoughts!

nfm

"Failings" - if you are comparing a 2005+ facelift with a GS there is not much mechanical difference, so you are talking about side skirts, rear spoiler, 19 inch wheels, sportier interior etc which are perhaps more like differences. Personally I prefer the more subtle/classic feel of the Coupe and, for example, the 18 inch wheels are not prone to cracking (and I also wanted a manual which is a separate debate).

Well worth considering both and the money you save will go a long way towards running costs. If I was offered a straight swap with a Gransport I wouldn't take it but maybe I am just odd (wife would say definitely)

Either way good luck, after six years every drive I take still feels really special and the experience is highly recommended.....

MrCod

Thanks very much, perhaps "failings" was too harsh(!). I've never driven a 4200 so I'm going off the literature I've dug up (and a TopGear opinion fwiw ;))

nfm

No worries, the Top Gear critical video related to 2002/03 car I think and of course Hammond really liked the Gransport in a later episode. As I said above mechanically the late Coupes are broadly the same but as ever the advice is drive both and make your choice. There is at least one member on here (name escapes me) who moved from Coupe to Gransport and is now thinking of moving back as I think he finds the Gransport ride a tad harsh (lower profile tyres and suspension set 15mm [?] lower) . Horses for courses...... both fabulous cars of course

CatmanV2

Looks nice

Mr Cod, where are you based? Welcome to come and have a poke / go in mine. It's a very early one. Classico as we call it

C

markjc

Mr Cod

Where are you based? I was in a similar position to you until a couple of months ago (when I bought mine), wanting a 4200 in my case, but never actually seen on in the flesh or sat in one let alone driven one - if you are near me you are welcome to have a look at mine . I am in North East England

MrCod

Looks nice

Mr Cod, where are you based? Welcome to come and have a poke / go in mine. It's a very early one. Classico as we call it

C
Wow Catman - that is an incredibly kind offer. I'm based in North London - so Harlow is very doable.

mark - again, very kind. North East might be a stretch! How is it treating you? Would be very interested in a new owner's perspective, especially compared to anything else you might have had previously.

CatmanV2

Wow Catman - that is an incredibly kind offer. I'm based in North London - so Harlow is very doable.

mark - again, very kind. North East might be a stretch! How is it treating you? Would be very interested in a new owner's perspective, especially compared to anything else you might have had previously.

I shall PM you

C

markjc

My day-to-day drivers a range Rover and has been for the last 15 years so it’s quite a different jumping from one to the other. I am enjoying every minute I spend in the Maserati
Mine is the cambricorsa with the paddle shift which took a little getting used to but after about 40 minutes it was fine.
In my youth (I am showing my age now) I have had a TR7 and mark 1 MR2 both of which were what I would describe as swift but this is in a totally different league! It’s not so much the roadholding (which is great ) but the sheer acceleration both from a standstill and from, say 30, which makes the difference.
Had a little tussle with a 3-year-old 911 (don’t ask me which one they all look the same to me) a couple of weeks ago and in “real world” conditions there was no difference at all.
I also find that the ride is actually quite pliable and that you can get a genuine comfortable GT ride when not “playing”
I haven’t been in a Grand Sport and so cannot compare against that although from a personal point of view I think the interior of the Grandsport looks a bit corporate and lacks the individuality of the earlier coupe models.

I would certainly suggest having a look Catman’s if you can as it’s all down to personal opinion, after all we buy these cars with heart not head.

One word of warning about Richard Grace - all of his stock is immaculate and very tempting,- I went down just to have a look and bought it there and then , and it was in the colour combination you are after!

MrCod

My day-to-day drivers a range Rover and has been for the last 15 years so it’s quite a different jumping from one to the other. I am enjoying every minute I spend in the Maserati
Mine is the cambricorsa with the paddle shift which took a little getting used to but after about 40 minutes it was fine.
In my youth (I am showing my age now) I have had a TR7 and mark 1 MR2 both of which were what I would describe as swift but this is in a totally different league! It’s not so much the roadholding (which is great ) but the sheer acceleration both from a standstill and from, say 30, which makes the difference.
Had a little tussle with a 3-year-old 911 (don’t ask me which one they all look the same to me) a couple of weeks ago and in “real world” conditions there was no difference at all.
I also find that the ride is actually quite pliable and that you can get a genuine comfortable GT ride when not “playing”
I haven’t been in a Grand Sport and so cannot compare against that although from a personal point of view I think the interior of the Grandsport looks a bit corporate and lacks the individuality of the earlier coupe models.

I would certainly suggest having a look Catman’s if you can as it’s all down to personal opinion, after all we buy these cars with heart not head.

One word of warning about Richard Grace - all of his stock is immaculate and very tempting,- I went down just to have a look and bought it there and then , and it was in the colour combination you are after!

All very interesting! I'm going to start visiting cars from the end of the month, I was wondering what people's experience of negotiation is in places like ADG, Nuvola, Richard Grace...I know these cars are relatively uncommon, so was wondering whether there's ever much wiggle room on price or whether its basically as priced. First time I've dipped my toe in a market like this.

safrane

I have had three;

2003 revised MY 04 4200

2005 Face lift 4200

2006 GS

best all rounder was the 4200 face lift but my favourite was the 2003 version.

Happy to chat about my experience with all of them.

GeoffCapes

Regardless of where you buy anything. Everyone will negotiate. As everyone prices things they want to sell at the top end of what they want.

StuartW

I've just bought from Nuvola, am happy to speak to you about my experience if you want to send me a message

jayblue

In the last year only my GS has come up in Blu Nettuno until this one. If the OP is set on that colour then its time to get an inspection done and place a deposit!

MrCoop

Funny how over the past year there have been only 2 or 3 blue GSs come on (not at the same time) and at this present time, there are 3 (different blues mind) blue GSs for sale at the same time!