For Sale - Granturismo S (!), 2009/59, 25k miles, white with carbon, £48 750

smg800

Hello chaps,

So this may cause a little bit of controversy, but I am thinking of selling up the Maserati! :unsure:

I am not sure how best to explain owning one for the second time round, perhaps I can use the analogy of going back to an ex girlfriend - nothing against her but it just isn't quite as special as the first time.

The Granturismo S is a truly superb car, but the first time round felt more special and enjoyable. I did contemplate before buying it whether I should "go back", the exhaust popping convinced me but 5 months in and I am beginning to wonder if I made the right call.

I fancy something a little bit faster, perhaps evolving to a true out and out sports car rather than a Grand Tourer, and have my eye on a MK 991 Porsche 911 Turbo, which does the speed thing and also does the everyday practical thing.

So before caving in and giving a dealer a field day with a lowball bid I thought I would come to the forum to see if I can muster any interest, it is a great car and I would like it to go to a good home! Firstly, apologies for the lack of pictures, as per usual in Manchester it is hammering down with rain but I will get some sorted in the next day or two. The car is a fantastic spec:

Car

White (Bianco Eldorado) Granturismo S MC Shift 4.7
2009/59 plate, first registered December 2009
25 100 miles currently

Options

Bose
Alcantara seats
Comfort pack front seats
Exterior carbon pack (side skirts, spoiler, mirrors, handles etc)
Interior Carbon pack 1
Interior Carbon pack 2
Carbon/Leather steering wheel
Aluminimum pedals
Glossy black neptune alloys
Front and rear parking sensors
Sports handling pack

So you can see it has pretty much every conceivable option, dread to think what the list price was......

Condition

The only thing worth mentioning is that upon buying the car it didn't have a full main dealer history. The first service was with the main dealer, it then seemingly missed one timescale wise (i.e. longer than 2 years) but not mileage wise, the second service was carried out by PK Supercars in Edinburgh. I did some digging on this and it materialised the car was stood for a while, which I could live with. I gave it a bit of consideration before buying and got it sent off to Maserati to do a full inspection and health check, all was fine (they fitted a new instrument cluster for me). I also had Autoshield take a look soon after buying it and again no issues.

I have had no real problems other than the standard handbrake jammed on very early into ownership, so whoever buys it is getting a car with a brand new handbrake courtesy of Marios at Autoshield, this was fitted in Jan and I have done 1900 miles since.

Other than this, it has had a new battery and finally it has had its clutch software updated - all done by the chaps at Autoshield. The clutch software update was a good opportunity to get the clutch wear confirmed, it was 37% and this was probably 8 weeks ago or so, with not a huge amount of miles done since (only gets driven at weekends!). I know Autoshield have a great rep on here, so hopefully anyone buying can feel comfortable in the knowledge they've looked after it since I got it!

It isn't a million miles away from needing rear tyres, so I will factor this into the asking price :)

Price

Always difficult to know what to ask for selling a car privately! Looking through Autotrader, there is pretty much nothing sub £50 000 with the kind of spec and/or mileage of this. For example there are a few at £45k - £48k that are 2008 plates with 30 000 - 40 000 miles on. I think bearing in mind the need for a couple of tyres and of course factoring in that it is a private sale I am going with £46 750.

Thanks chaps, look forward to hearing from anyone!

Last edited:

Classico

48,750 Pounds for a 2009 Maser S MC Shift.

Seriously.....Unbelievable.

I need to move to the UK.

smg800

Have dug out some images for anyone who is interested:

2enz59z.jpg

rs5uu0.jpg

2rma0ky.jpg

2iw3uyf.jpg

2lxnxx.jpg

smg800

Thanks for all the comments chaps! Much appreciated, and agreed she is a beaut.

As it happens I think I have found "the one", seen a fantastic spec 911 Turbo this morning, an awesome bit of kit in the flesh. I think it will be a very different experience to the GTS, I know plenty of people have made the move the opposite way so I hope it is good different :unsure:

I can also confirm the rear tyres do 100% need doing straight away (one side is at 1.8mm according to the chap I saw this morning). I have tweaked the asking price based on the fact I now have something lined up, selling the Mas is the only thing that needs boxing off before I can move forwards.

Thanks again

smg800

Provisionally sold, with an interested private buyer and a very strong trade bid. Thanks for the interest people!

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
If I was after a GT, yours ticks the boxes for sure. Excellent colour combo with very desirable options, plus low miles.
Easy sell and I am not surprised a few trade offers too.
Scratch the Porsche itch, but I believe you might be back...

smg800

Thanks for the comments all. I hope buying a Porsche doesnt mean my sportsmaserati membership will be rescinded haha! I am sure I will be back, definitely have my eyes peeled for the new GTS when it comes out, I imagine it will be outstanding. Will get some pics of the Porsche up once I have decided on the colour, black versus white is causing me some severe headaches.....

bigbob

Thanks for the comments all. I hope buying a Porsche doesnt mean my sportsmaserati membership will be rescinded haha! I am sure I will be back, definitely have my eyes peeled for the new GTS when it comes out, I imagine it will be outstanding. Will get some pics of the Porsche up once I have decided on the colour, black versus white is causing me some severe headaches.....

Enjoy your new car. Mind whether it's black or white doesn't really matter. Both are great for resale and both are really dull (sorry).

EXCF350

Living in Manchester you'll hopefully be okay as I see many Porsche driving round the city but get ready for the abuse from others elsewhere instead of the admiring glances and thumbs up that seem to come with Maserati ownership. Having said that, great drivers cars and I'd quite like to try a Cayman. Let us know what you think once you've had it for a few months.