The good morning thread

conaero

Forum Owner
Very disappointingly I’ve just found the first rust on the GS!

View attachment 48857

Inside of bottom boot lip coming through seam sealer!

I would start by flooding the area with rust remedy through the drain plugs (making sure they are clear).

Bung them up and fill the area with remedy, let sit for a day, moving the boot up and down to slush it about, then let it drain.

That should be enough to stop it. Repeat yearly and also do the lower rear light sections from behind via the boot trim removal. Then spray with Waxoly.

I usually give the wheel arches (on 4200's) a wipe round and use a syringe to inject it into cavities.

Worth checking the lower door edges and bonnet leading edge too whilst your at it.

conaero

Forum Owner
Morning, last few days then off on family holiday to portugal on Wednesday for a week. A week back home then off to Le Mans....good times ahead :)

GeoffCapes

Morning all. Office again today. Nothing too exciting going on (as far as I'm aware).

3 weeks until Le Mans! Will have to see if I can find my Radio. Must be in the garage somewhere.

Morning all
In a nice hotel on the outskirts of Chorley and meeting up with distant members of the family which is going well.
The QP performed faultlessly during the 2 hour drive and I arrived with no stress at all.
More family visits today and maybe a walk by the sea
Enjoy the beautiful weather

CatmanV2

Morning you lot.

Office today for the last day for some time due to impending US trip

Have a great day, all

C

D Walker

Morning,
Cloudy today, welcome actually, I was struggling in the heat in Nicosia, so much so, that while the others did touristy things, I found a bar or 2,
Back to Blighty tomo and I will have to think long and hard about going back to work, or extending to Tuesday...
Dave

MrMickS

Morning,

Shower is busted so that's all fun. In the office for a meeting then back home to try and sort things.

What happened to the sunshine?

Have a great day all

Last day in Lancs today and the natives have been good - I brought many beads etc.
Weather is still good and looking for a fast drive across A66 this afternoon
Take care everyone and good morning

conaero

Forum Owner
Morning.

Last day in the office then off to Portugal for a weeks family holiday. We have a hire car too so plan day trips to Gibraltar (SM mini meet?) and Seville.

midlifecrisis

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Been busy at MY Leisure, cracking on ith things here and there.

Matt send me the details of that trip you were on about. I'm expecting a visitor who can comment on it. Hope that's not too cryptic!

Update
Returning from Lancs I used the M6 and was careful.
As I turned onto the A66 heading east two Police motorcyclists came up behind me lights flashing. A third drew up alongside me smiled I think and gesticulated me to put my foot down on the first bit of dual carriage way. I obliged and the speed rapidly went up and Sport button in use. I reached the fastest I have ever done in a car and then they overtook me and gradually slowed me down before turning off around Appleby way (I think there is a Police College there). They waved and took off like a scalded cat. Good bit of fun and restored some faith for the boys in Blue

D Walker

Update
As I turned onto the A66 heading east two Police motorcyclists came up behind me lights flashing. A third drew up alongside me smiled I think and gesticulated me to put my foot down on the first bit of dual carriage way. I obliged and the speed rapidly went up and Sport button in use. I reached the fastest I have ever done in a car and then they overtook me and gradually slowed me down before turning off around Appleby way (I think there is a Police College there). They waved and took off like a scalded cat. Good bit of fun and restored some faith for the boys in Blue

Brilliant, there is indeed a training facility there, though I thought it was dogs....great little anecdote for you to recount...

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Update

Brilliant! That's a great story to read.

Morning, all. Well, only just - slightly after midnight here. I'm going to bed.