The good morning thread

StuartW

Morning all, like everywhere I guess it's howling out there so stay safe.

Lots of rain overnight too so I was glad I did the mastic on one of the kennel roofs on Sunday. Isa, one of our Greenland Dogs, is a dry & happy bunny today!

Have a good one everybody

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Sunny up the west coast mainline today. Doesn't look very windy out there. Very impressed with Virgin trains - nice breakfast, lots of coffee and at least an attempt at wi-fi. Could do with a longer journey to give me chance to catch up on SM - oops - on some work.

Chrisbassett

The City has brightened up, a kind of watery sunshine looking down on us.

Agreed with the virgin trains, Adam. My favourite rail commute was a weekly Monday morning London to Norwich on a clattery old first class carriage with full table service, cotton napkins and a waitress who looked like she'd served Winston Churchill as a lad. The nearest I've seen to the Julie Walters waitress from "Two Soups". Breakfast was always top-notch, and wi-fi hadn't been invented so we could read the newspaper or solve the worlds problems over coffee, hot toast and marmalade.

Contigo

Sponsor
Sunny Qatar? we have to ban nice things on here haha
im in wet Enfield....must see more of the world

You would like it. It's just like Dubai but on a smaller scale. Beach hotels, bars, good restaurants, nice cars, good people. The only thing grim is the poor slave labour record which the middle east has but I can't fix that!

hodroyd

Good Day All,
First went to Dubai in about 1989, been a few times since, grown a lot since 89 though..!! Jebel Ali just up the road had one hotel and 3 camels, plus loads of desert..!!
Been howling wind and pouring rain at times today, seems to be calming down a bit now though thankfully,,!!

Andyk

A very good morning to all...........Busy Wednesday evening.......Parents evening for both boys...Alex Swimming lesson at 4 to 5, Alex football training 5:30 to 6:30...Dan football training 76:30 to 7:30....that's the evening planned out then......

midlifecrisis

Morning all, half way through the week.
Spotted an Alfa Mito for the Mrs (or ME!) over in pompey so we'll look at that at the weekend. I quite like them but can't get over the 875cc engine. I know it's turbo'd but 115mph! My mum had an 850cc Mini but that only had 40bhp and would do 70 tops...so proof of the pudding is in the tasting as they say.

CatmanV2

Somehow colder in Clapham than in Harlow. Go figure.

Drew, I think it's the vestiges of English masochism and the stiff upper lip. Or what I prefer to call 'stupidity' ;)

C

MAF260

Morning all, another day in sunny Manchester. Had dinner & beer with Benny last night, sadly no Masers in attendance.

Mr.Cambio

morning all. Another working night at the metro.. Hopefully it's the last week of doing this project.
Have a good one.
Frank..also looking at the weekend.

Andyk

Why?

Still don't understand why people relish being uncomfortable in their own home.

Cost.....money better in my pocket than the EON.....PLus it's not cold at the moment and we have a number of convector heaters that cost a lot less to run we use if need....

Parisien

Cost.....money better in my pocket than the EON.....PLus it's not cold at the moment and we have a number of convector heaters that cost a lot less to run we use if need....

Thats the spirit Andy, had to beat shivering whilst eating your cornflakes......;)....not that you do re last bit of post......:)

We have to use oil over here, its come down from £550 last year for a fill to £440, thank heavens for the USAs shale gas/oil programme!!

P