The good morning thread

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Morning, all. Feeling pretty perky this morning for some reason. Certainly wasn't because I had lots of sleep. Still, as long as the feeling lasts. Day in London today. Calls, contracts, customers and a (very early) London office Christmas lunch.

Have a good (black) Friday, everyone. Anyone planning on snapping up some bargains..?

GeoffCapes

Morning all. Loads of work to do. Still feeling under par.
And (like Matt) have my accountant to deal with. I don't know if my accountant is ****, or that I feel like **** that this year everything is such hard work with him!

Perhaps I need a part time book keeper to get everything in order to give to him.

Have a good day all.

Good morning all
Mixed weather here but quite warm
Looking for last years accounts, can I heck find 'em so a trip the accountant may be in order
Be safe all

CatmanV2

It drives me mad that we copy everything from the US - we don't have Thanksgiving so why do we have Black Friday. I have no problem with shop sales but can't our retailers just come up with their own strategy?

We have. We sell everything ahead of season. In Boston, last time I was there, you couldn't buy a coat for love nor. Now. When you might actually *need* one, there are loads to chose from.

Doesn't that make sense :)

C

zagatoes30

It drives me mad that we copy everything from the US - we don't have Thanksgiving so why do we have Black Friday. I have no problem with shop sales but can't our retailers just come up with their own strategy?

We have Christmas Comes Early promotion (we don't do sales ;) ) and it started on Wednesday and runs to Sunday

drewf

First Friday night curry for a while - excellent!

Just had a call from the chap who was supposed to deliver a load of logs this morning (hence the remembering to clear winter tyres I don't need from the log shed).
I really do mean 'just', at 7:30pm, telling me he was setting off, and would be here in half an hour. Errrr no. I think not. He didn't seem to think it would be a problem to avoid delivering during the dry & sunny daylight hours as promised, and instead wait until it was dark and raining. Who in their right mind would imagine someone would want to spend their Friday night shifting and stacking logs in the rain?

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe he is branching out Drew?

Terrible!

We've welcomed a new arrival into the house this week: a robot vacuum cleaner. The thing rocks. Absolutely brilliant piece of equipment, and strangely charming. Best of all, it has an app which lets me clean the house while I'm at work (much to my wife's surprise if she's at home). Owing to my house having steps between some of the rooms it can't do an entire floor, but it does more than I do, and more thoroughly as well.