The good morning thread

lozcb

Seems to be a brahma of a morning at long last , I feel a sprightly drive coming on before or after staining the fence, oh decisions of a high powered executive

zagatoes30

Morning all busy day for a Friday sorting colleges for Jamie and then Mrs Z has an MRI scan this afternoon in Dublin - positive side it will be take away dinner

2b1ask1

Special case
Away for a few days in Bulgaria - hotel “Balkan Palace” is very nice and we have a spectacular room.
Am hung over from very late night, walking tour later but mainly a relaxing day ahead.

Clothes stink of cigarettes - people still smoke in both restaurants and bars over hear, which feels very odd.

Enjoy your day

Morning all, @Scaf let me know your thought on the place, it is on one of our short lists for holiday options. Unfortunately I had a fall yesterday, I was getting a sheet of 20mm buffalo board out of a container and managed to step back into a hole I hadn’t seen! Fell straight over with said board on me. I thought I’d broken my ankle, it is however a Spain of the top of my foot in front of the ankle. Oh boy does it hurt. So I didn’t get to my London meeting and missed out on a splendid dinner to boot! I have no idea what I’ll be able to do today but I won’t be driving for a few days.

Have fun all…

Scaf

Morning all, @Scaf let me know your thought on the place, it is on one of our short lists for holiday options.
Will do.

For starters, Balkan Palace is lovely, the “Red Flat” museum is worth 90mins of your time, gives a good insight into living under the communist regime in the 1980’s.

lozcb

Morning all, @Scaf let me know your thought on the place, it is on one of our short lists for holiday options. Unfortunately I had a fall yesterday, I was getting a sheet of 20mm buffalo board out of a container and managed to step back into a hole I hadn’t seen! Fell straight over with said board on me. I thought I’d broken my ankle, it is however a Spain of the top of my foot in front of the ankle. Oh boy does it hurt. So I didn’t get to my London meeting and missed out on a splendid dinner to boot! I have no idea what I’ll be able to do today but I won’t be driving for a few days.

Have fun all…
Been travelling to and through Bulgaria many many times over the years , back in the mid to late 70's when it was still behind the Iron curtain to a couple of years ago , some great raw spectacular scenery especially when driving through the mountains , hospitality is great providing you choose the hotels wisely , a must to have a car there to discover what it is truly like , we even drove to Turkey for our honeymoon and stopped in Bulgaria for a couple of days on the way down , Missus loved it and Kaz is picky as we all know ........well worth a visit

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Been travelling to and through Bulgaria many many times over the years , back in the mid to late 70's when it was still behind the Iron curtain to a couple of years ago , some great raw spectacular scenery especially when driving through the mountains , hospitality is great providing you choose the hotels wisely , a must to have a car there to discover what it is truly like , we even drove to Turkey for our honeymoon and stopped in Bulgaria for a couple of days on the way down , Missus loved it and Kaz is picky as we all know ........well worth a visit
That part of the world has some spectacular scenery but generally tends to be off the usual tourist hotspots.

It's a long way further east, but Tajikistan is somewhere I'd love to visit, if only the chances of ever making it home were a lot higher.

licensed-image

lozcb

That part of the world has some spectacular scenery but generally tends to be off the usual tourist hotspots.

It's a long way further east, but Tajikistan is somewhere I'd love to visit, if only the chances of ever making it home were a lot higher.

licensed-image
Similar terrain to Turkmenistan very bleak in winter , I spent 2 years monitoring the Caspian sea borders based out of Mashhad for the FO way back in 78/9 testing times but in the days when a British passport carried some influence , the London embassy siege soon put pay to that lol