The good morning thread

philw696

Morning to you all and agree with the others having been to a funeral this year already but that's life.
Very cold here this morning but lovely and dry so that's nice.
6 weeks with no builders now so Ms French emailed them all yesterday so we will see what response we get.
Have a Great Monday everyone.

Oneball

Morning all, sorry for your loss Mr Pea, you made the effort and that's the important bit especially for your aunt.

Think it's safe to talk about yesterday mornings news. Not been in Italy before when ferrari have won but this was the front cover everywhere Screenshot_20240324_075840_Chrome.jpg

2b1ask1

Special case
Morning all, ache all over from exertions of the past week. Condolences Stevie, the wisest of us know not when the time is up. Jeanette has headed north to be with Christine for the imminent arrival of the baby, so it will hopefully arrive soon. I’m sure now mum is there, she will be more relaxed. Resting and admin today, with a trip to the yard planned later.

Have fun all…

lozcb

Morning, sunny and no wind here :excellent: first few hours breaking into the Bentley's boot and sorting out the Battery drain problems grrrrrr have fun all

lozcb

Morning, sunny and no wind here :excellent: first few hours breaking into the Bentley's boot and sorting out the Battery drain problems grrrrrr have fun all
Just tried to gain access via the ski tunnel in between the rear seats , there is an 11mm socket tucked inside the tunnel which releases the manual cable operation , it appears tight/possibly ceased so not wanting to force it ive called the very very nice man from the AA ..............if he breaks it or snaps the cable its down to them .............plus i have the repair and parts insurance £17 a month for each car that covers up to 3 claims a year up to the value of £500 per claim ............AA men dont like playing with Bentleys usually so it will be possibly off to the dealers at their expense ..............watch this space ..............told you these things are too over engineered to be a daily driver , once its off the drive blocking the garage Ive got no excuse to get the Gransport out for some fun

DLax69

Morning all, Monday and WFW. Courtney headed up the mountain. Will drive the QP today...rain in forecast for Tues/Wed/Thurs...

philw696

Absolutely bloody lovely here now just been for a 50 kilometres road test in the Mini Cooper and how much fun on decent country lanes.
Gets up and Goes reminds me very much of my old MK1 Golf GTi's.
Good old simple technology put together very well.

lozcb

Just tried to gain access via the ski tunnel in between the rear seats , there is an 11mm socket tucked inside the tunnel which releases the manual cable operation , it appears tight/possibly ceased so not wanting to force it ive called the very very nice man from the AA ..............if he breaks it or snaps the cable its down to them .............plus i have the repair and parts insurance £17 a month for each car that covers up to 3 claims a year up to the value of £500 per claim ............AA men dont like playing with Bentleys usually so it will be possibly off to the dealers at their expense ..............watch this space ..............told you these things are too over engineered to be a daily driver , once its off the drive blocking the garage Ive got no excuse to get the Gransport out for some fun
W_ _ _ nkers , said very very nice man isnt so nice , quoted an ETA of 10.40 by text message, at 10.50 apparently on a different system to do with their app , i was sent another message saying my ETA had been changed to 12.15 due to another breakdown being prioritised over mine ........how very dare they without noitifying me first , just gave them what for to the complaints dept , what a way to carry on ............seems im just another numbered statistic in the wasteland of customers they are prepared to lose each year , win some lose some effect , all part of the automated system most of us abhor. Maybe time to look for an alternative.

lozcb

Because they will always go out to a lone woman or women / children or risky situations before a middle aged bloke that's let his battery go flat on the drive.
As they should, IMHO

C
This irate young man didnt let his battreeees ( plural i'll have you mind ) go flat , at the moment its a phenomenon , but a popular cause is the air suspension compressor over running possibly if there is a slight leak in the system .......to be checked now its running ..............the AA boots on the ground very very nice man learned something today about the hole to access the rear boot opening so he's well chuffed , and about the ignition release to release the key when gets locked in the ignition once inserted when the batteries are flat ........as i said its an over engineered minefield even to the experienced of motor engineers , the old gal is running and will go on the trickle charger after an hours running , then off to my local indie to check out the possible compressor over run ...........my complaint has already gone into the admin re informing people direct and on they same system they initiate breakdown and dont switch systems without informing people first ...........logic in my book I'll have you all know I may look close on 70 but i have an IQ and mental age of a teenager :24186z4:

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Morning to you all and agree with the others having been to a funeral this year already but that's life.
It literally isn't.

Regardless, condolences to @MrPea and all others in the Family Pea. I'm glad you made it for your aunt, Stevie. That at least must have been a great comfort for her at a horribly difficult time.