Cheap Leasing

rockits

why lease when £3300 buys you a running driving with MOT Bentley 8 , what could possibly go wrong :D

I'd agree with this too. Maybe not the specific Bentley bit but the concept.

Just sold my Cayenne V6 for the same £3k I bought it for nearly a year ago. The XC90 V8 I had for nearly 3 years bought for £5k and sold for £5k.

There are an absolute stack of perfectly good not even that old cars out there. Many are over looking them in the rush to keep up with the Jones's, worried about what others think or being pushed that way by often flawed govt direction and greenwashing.

I'm looking to replace my E43 as I'm not gelling with it. I'm finding myself looking back to older cars. Less complex, less expensive and less.stressfuk to use. I find many modern cars hard work and stressful to drive also operate. I'm looking at the MK1 XC90 and original X5 currently. So many around £3k-£5k for a circa 18yo car with 70k-120k miles. Many shitboxes but many in great condition.

Many of these are still built to last, are still comfortable, safe,.good to drive so no idea why so many want to spend so much in depreciation to drive a car with a different number on the plate. I guess I'm glad they don't see it as there wouldn't be so many great cars around at such low prices.

Wack61

Just sold my Cayenne V6 for the same £3k I bought it for nearly a year ago. The XC90 V8 I had for nearly 3 years bought for £5k and sold for £5k.

There are an absolute stack of perfectly good not even that old cars out there. Many are over looking them in the rush to keep up with the Jones's, worried about what others think or being pushed that way by often flawed govt direction and greenwashing.

I'm looking to replace my E43 as I'm not gelling with it. I'm finding myself looking back to older cars. Less complex, less expensive and less.stressfuk to use. I find many modern cars hard work and stressful to drive also operate. I'm looking at the MK1 XC90 and original X5 currently. So many around £3k-£5k for a circa 18yo car with 70k-120k miles. Many shitboxes but many in great condition.

Many of these are still built to last, are still comfortable, safe,.good to drive so no idea why so many want to spend so much in depreciation to drive a car with a different number on the plate. I guess I'm glad they don't see it as there wouldn't be so many great cars around at such low prices.
A lot of it is people haven't got a clue about cars so they see a bank loan of 10k on something 3, years old as risky, £300 a month on PCP and it's somebody else's problem if it breaks, they don't see that with the deposit they've spent 10k over 3 years to rent a car

I'm just on my way to buy this, it'll cost less to buy than renting a base model 500 for 2 years and I'll still have it
Screenshot_20230223_135126_Samsung Internet.jpg

lozcb

I thought the great new number plate orgasm rush was dead and buried ..............remember the days when some family down the street managed and were fortunate enough to be able to buy a brand new car , it was actually an event in itself , all the neighbours would nod in approval hiding their envy lol , all a very short lived ego boost when they introduced bi annual plates , one thing that really used to puzzle and annoy me when i was sub 25, is why all the old farts seemed to be driving all the best / fastest cars .................they surely werent capable of enjoying and utilising them to the best of their ability ......how wrong i was especially now the roles are reversed and I AM ONE OF THOSE OLD FARTS

Scaf

A lot of it is people haven't got a clue about cars so they see a bank loan of 10k on something 3, years old as risky, £300 a month on PCP and it's somebody else's problem if it breaks, they don't see that with the deposit they've spent 10k over 3 years to rent a car

I'm just on my way to buy this, it'll cost less to buy than renting a base model 500 for 2 years and I'll still have it
I encouraged my kids to do exactly this, both daughters bought three year old cars for cash then paid the equivalent monthly rental back into their savings - and ended up quids in, most of their mates are still in the £300 a month lease roundabout and own nothing.

Wack61

This is the kind of BS I'm on about, the deposit adds almost exactly £100 a month to their 'deal'
So £370 or £8856 to rent it for 2 years
Screenshot_20230225_120739_Facebook.jpg

DLax69

This is the kind of BS I'm on about, the deposit adds almost exactly £100 a month to their 'deal'
So £370 or £8856 to rent it for 2 years
View attachment 111970
What exactly is this supposed to be for...menting?

US tax laws induce my buying new cars/trucks for work/farm...a lease would never work for me. Even in the lockdown year I put more mileage on the car than the rental above would allow...

conaero

Forum Owner
In my opinion all lease deals should be advertised as 35+3 and 10k miles

As pointed out above it’s misleading.

Sure you can have a 23+12 5k miles but the starting point should be the first one

Gazcw

30mph top speed , I saw one in the flesh, they look even weirder than in pictures

It'll get you noticed that's for sure, I wouldn't drive past a school at 3pm, the humiliation would be crushing, 100s of kids laughing and pointing
If you were in France all the school kids would be driving them at 14.