Question of the day

zagatoes30

Sorry forgot about this but here we go.

What links the following The Chopper, the BSA Rocket 3, Triumph Trident T150 and Luke Skywalker's XP-34 Landspeeder

Geo

I'll have to go ogle some info on these. I have a nice T150 sitting in my garage, great bike!

zagatoes30

I'll have to go ogle some info on these. I have a nice T150 sitting in my garage, great bike!

Very good and as you well know correct.

For everyone else they were all from the Ogle design studio as were many of the Reliant products including the Scimitar & Robin, various bus, coach and lorry designs.

Over to you Geo

Navcorr

Jolly decent of you! I may well be handing this one straight back unless perhaps you feel you have unfair advantages :smile:

What town links the Lotus Elan with skydiving and how?

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Um, well the Lotus Elan was built at Hethel, which used to be an airfield, so maybe they do some parachuting from there? But that's all I got.

Navcorr

Um, well the Lotus Elan was built at Hethel, which used to be an airfield, so maybe they do some parachuting from there? But that's all I got.

The previous question provides a good clue as this is more to do with "materials".
It may help to specify that this relates to another company as much as it does Lotus.
That said, an airfield location is the right thinking - just the wrong airfield.

Navcorr

The Lotus Elan is made from cardboard, and this is a really bad material for making parachutes?

:D

Wrong and right :)
Although landing in cardboard has been done!

The Elan body is GRP - the first couple of hundred of which were not made in-house by Lotus. These were made by a firm in Nottinghamshire.

Navcorr

Not sure anyone is going to get this one - Bourne Plastics Ltd made the first few bodies for Lotus.
Bourne subsequently relocated to Langar airfield - to a disused hanger which had been used to pack 'chutes.
Did my first jumps at Langer with a miserable g*t of an instructor. Headcorn was much more fun.

Shall we try another gents. The Sci-Fi theme seems popular so: "Where am I ?"

Capture.JPG

spkennyuk

I suspect you know - would you care to name the city?
You have a choice of two - depending on your allegiance :)

Ooh - there's a thought. Perhaps best to give veal liver a miss though.

Your giving me too much credit there. I was referring to tortellini pasta being belly button shaped.